Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Umlaut on AN application - accepted in one place but not another

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm a little confused...
    I've followed the guidance in the resources and used the Umlaut on the U of my last name whenever I could when filling in the AN application.
    This has been accepted everywhere (personal information + parent 2 sections).
    However, when I print the application out my last name appears without the umlaut on the title page / the same on the footer at the bottom of every page.
    I've tried changing my last name using UE in the personal info but this does not seem to make a difference.
    I was planning on writing an explanation in a cover page + in the immigration details/other information section.
    Can you offer any guidance?

Originally posted by OKman View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm a little confused...
    I've followed the guidance in the resources and used the Umlaut on the U of my last name whenever I could when filling in the AN application.
    This has been accepted everywhere (personal information + parent 2 sections).
    However, when I print the application out my last name appears without the umlaut on the title page / the same on the footer at the bottom of every page.
    I've tried changing my last name using UE in the personal info but this does not seem to make a difference.
    I was planning on writing an explanation in a cover page + in the immigration details/other information section.
    Can you offer any guidance?
    Gabriella B (lawyer) could you kindly advise? Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Yes do explain in the cover letter. Ask gor your name to be spelled accurately on your naturalisation certificate to match with your national passport

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help; very much appreciated!

Comment

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
          X