Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage certificate in Danish

Hi

I have just read that If you send a marriage certificate issued by a foreign government, this is recognised here. It does not need to be legalised further. If it is not in English, it must be translated by a qualified translator and the translation should be stamped by the translator.
    As per the attached our marriage certificate has been certified by the Ministry of Ecclesiastical Affair in Copenhagen, 6th Aug 1999.

Does it need to be translated further or is this enough to be accepted?

Many thanks
    Helle

Originally posted by Helle View Post
    Hi

I have just read that If you send a marriage certificate issued by a foreign government, this is recognised here. It does not need to be legalised further. If it is not in English, it must be translated by a qualified translator and the translation should be stamped by the translator.
    As per the attached our marriage certificate has been certified by the Ministry of Ecclesiastical Affair in Copenhagen, 6th Aug 1999.

Does it need to be translated further or is this enough to be accepted?

Many thanks
    Helle
    Evening,

Would you be able to tell us what you want to use the marriage certificate for?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Apologies, I am in the process of seeking citizenship via naturalisation.

Many Thanks
      Helle

Comment

Originally posted by Helle View Post
        Apologies, I am in the process of seeking citizenship via naturalisation.
        Morning,

I assume you are using it to prove marriage to a British national, otherwise marriage certificates are not normally required for naturalisation applications. If so, you need to provide either an international marriage certificate, these usually have text in various languages including English, or else a translation. I don't think the document you posted above has text in English in the details section.

Please see: Translations

...where we have:
        All documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation provided by a qualified translator.

Ask the translator or translation company to confirm in writing:
        • that the translation is a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’
        • the date of the translation
        • the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company
        Original documents must be included with any translations submitted.

The Home Office may contact your translator or translation company to conduct further enquiries into any translated documents provided.

Sworn translations

Sworn translators exist in other countries but not in the UK, and there are no sworn translations as such, just sworn translators.

In the UK, translators are not sworn.

What you need is a 'certified translation', which means your translator attaches a statement of 'true and accurate' to the translation.

A translator from the ITI or CIOL, or a company member of ATC can supply such certification.

Your caseworker may not be familiar with the sworn translator concept because it’s not a British concept, but they will be familiar with the official UK bodies (ITI & CIOL) assessing professional translators.

Marriage certificates

If you got married in another country, the marriage certificate needs to be translated.

Please refer to your consulate or embassy website, they usually have a list of registered translators.

If you send a marriage certificate issued by a foreign government, this is recognised here. It does not need to be legalised further. If it is not in English, it must be translated by a qualified translator and the translation should be stamped by the translator.

Please note that it may be a lot cheaper to get an international marriage certificate from your home country, rather than using a translation service.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X