Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Biometrics taken but lost?

Hello!
    Has anybody ever had their biometrics lost after they went for their appointment?
    We did ours in October in the office in Munich. Two weeks ago we contacted the home office to ask if we could have our daughters German passport back (without disrupting the process) and now they 'reminded' us that we still need to do the Biometrics appointment.
    I hope they we not lost!

Originally posted by Uni-connect View Post
    Hello!
    Has anybody ever had their biometrics lost after they went for their appointment?
    We did ours in October in the office in Munich. Two weeks ago we contacted the home office to ask if we could have our daughters German passport back (without disrupting the process) and now they 'reminded' us that we still need to do the Biometrics appointment.
    I hope they we not lost!
    Afternoon,

I sent an enquiry a few weeks ago regarding biometrics, their response was as below:

Biometric Data

When the customer appointment comes to an end, the UKVCAS agents ask the customer if they are happy to submit their case to UKVI. When the customer confirms they are happy, the case is submitted. This is submitted to UKVI the same day (biometrics and documents).
    However, the above referred to applications made in the UK via UKVCAS, specifically, EUSS applications, as that's the team I'm in contact with.

From what you are saying above, it's not clear what kind of application you are referring to, as EU nationals wouldn't have done biometrics for an EUSS application.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

We are applying for UK citizenship for my daughter via an MN1 form.

Comment

We are applying for UK citizenship for my daughter via an MN1 form.
        Melissa V (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on the above situation?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Sometimes reminders are sent in error. I have a client who keeps getting letters reminding her to attend her citizenship ceremony which she actually attended almost 6 months ago. However, as it has now been over 6 months since the application was submitted, I would suggest calling the Home Office for a further update.

I am a Solicitor and Head of Immigration at Wells Burcombe Solicitors LLP, a firm Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA No. 488294. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Melissa V for full details.

Comment

We have been informed a few months ago that it will take longer due to covid. The reminder was sent after we had contacted the Home Office about returning the passport. We replied to the reminder with the details of our appointment.

I was just wondering if anyone has had that happen before. I don't know why my question ended up in the lawyer input category.

Comment

We have been informed a few months ago that it will take longer due to covid. The reminder was sent after we had contacted the Home Office about returning the passport. We replied to the reminder with the details of our appointment.

I was just wondering if anyone has had that happen before. I don't know why my question ended up in the lawyer input category.
              I tagged one of our lawyers to see if they'd experienced something similar, since they do have lots of clients and, despite having dealt with lots of members, I'd not heard this happening.

Comment

Does anybody know what is happening with MN1 applications?
                We submitted everything in August 2020. Biometrics done in October 2020. Little message early January 2021 that it'll take take longer than 6 months. Nothing since, besides a very disconcerting reminder to do biometric, which totally freaked us out.
                The child is starting university in the UK in October and we have no idea how to proceed now.
                We were planning to travel to the UK beforehand, get quarantine out of the way, visit friends, etc. Now I feel we need to apply for a student visa just to be on the safe side and at the same risk being stuck without a passport again.
                Nothing more frustrting then being at the mercy of some government office.

Comment

Does anybody know what is happening with MN1 applications?
                  Morning,

I've moved your post to your previous thread where we have some background info on this application. Normally, MN1 applications hardly ever take over 6 months, however, from what I can see above, this was made from abroad and there were some glitches along the way.

We submitted everything in August 2020. Biometrics done in October 2020. Little message early January 2021 that it'll take take longer than 6 months. Nothing since, besides a very disconcerting reminder to do biometric, which totally freaked us out.
                  Have you contacted the Home Office as indicated above?

Comment

The child is starting university in the UK in October and we have no idea how to proceed now.
                    We were planning to travel to the UK beforehand, get quarantine out of the way, visit friends, etc. Now I feel we need to apply for a student visa just to be on the safe side and at the same risk being stuck without a passport again.
                    Nothing more frustrting then being at the mercy of some government office.
                    From what you say above, the child is German. Did you apply for settled status for the child? Do the parents have settled or pre-settled status? I'm assuming so, since you are making an application that would require at least one parent to be settled in the UK. If the child hasn't got status but at least one parent does have it, then you should make an application, rather than consider a student visa. But before going there, would you kindly confirm whether the child has status or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

From what you say above, the child is German. Did you apply for settled status for the child? Do the parents have settled or pre-settled status? I'm assuming so, since you are making an application that would require at least one parent to be settled in the UK. If the child hasn't got status but at least one parent does have it, then you should make a late application rather than consider a student visa. But before going there, would you kindly confirm whether the child has status or not?
                      As mentioned before we applied for citizenship via the MN1 form (in August 2020) as the father is a British national. We do not live in the UK anymore (since 2012), so settled status is not an option.
                      We have contacted the home office several times, by phone and by email, and no help, answer or advise was given.

I think we will apply for a student visa just to have it in the bag and we do not need to worry how much longer the MN1 application will take.

Comment

As mentioned before we applied for citizenship via the MN1 form (in August 2020) as the father is a British national. We do not live in the UK anymore (since 2012), so settled status is not an option.
                        We have contacted the home office several times, by phone and by email, and no help, answer or advise was given.

I think we will apply for a student visa just to have it in the bag and we do not need to worry how much longer the MN1 application will take.
                        Good morning, could you please clarify how the father has obtained British citizenship?

he was born British
                        or he is British by descent
                        or he naturalised as British - if he naturalised as British did this happen before or after the birth of the child?
                        Also could you please clarify if the child was born in the UK or abroad?

*I tried to get this info from your previous posts, but I could not find it.

Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

Good morning, could you please clarify how the father has obtained British citizenship?

he was born British
                          or he is British by descent
                          or he naturalised as British - if he naturalised as British did this happen before or after the birth of the child?
                          Also could you please clarify if the child was born in the UK or abroad?

*I tried to get this info from your previous posts, but I could not find it.

Many thanks.
                          Hello,

The father became a British citizenship before our daughter was born. She was born in the UK.
                          (We lived in the UK for 13 years).

Comment

Hello,

The father became a British citizenship before our daughter was born. She was born in the UK.
                            (We lived in the UK for 13 years).
                            In which case the daughter was born British and all you need to do is to apply for her passport which is about £80.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

In which case the daughter was born British and all you need to do is to apply for her passport which is about £80.
                              Ah, sorry. He became a citizen after her birth. Got muddled on what when where.
                              So our daughter was born in the UK but both of us were foreign nationals and had not lived in the UK long enough to have her be British at birth. So we opted for the German nationally and of course until Brexit that was enough.
                              But obviously the MN1 is exactly for cases like ours, hence the application with that form.

Comment

Working...
                              X