Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commonwealth EU citizens' right to vote retention after ILR status.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Commonwealth EU citizens' right to vote retention after ILR status.

Hi, I am a commonwealth EU citizen and have been living here since 1986- and being a commonwealth citizen I have always had a right to vote. I would, therefore, like to know if that right would still remain after I apply for my ILR status, please. Thanks. a lot.

Originally posted by Furficetta View Post
    Hi, I am a commonwealth EU citizen and have been living here since 1986- and being a commonwealth citizen I have always had a right to vote. I would, therefore, like to know if that right would still remain after I apply for my ILR status, please. Thanks. a lot.
    I believe that obtaining ILR does not compromise your right to vote as a Commonwealth citizen since your voting right is linked to your nationality rather than your immigration status. Am I correct Bilaal S (lawyer)?

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Correct

Comment

Thanks a lot. I had phoned 3 govt. offices to ask this question and none of them knew or was sure. All the best

Comment

Working...
        X