Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ILR stamp on my passport, is that enough?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE ILR stamp on my passport, is that enough?

I think I have an ILR stamp on my 1973 Portuguese passport.
    I don’t have any other documentation that I have ILR, How do I know if that stamp is valid? I have always lived here never Abroad.
    Help
    Thanks

Originally posted by Silvia 94 View Post
    I think I have an ILR stamp on my 1973 Portuguese passport.
    I don’t have any other documentation that I have ILR, How do I know if that stamp is valid? I have always lived here never Abroad.
    Help
    Thanks
    In order to make sure you have ILR we will need to see a photo of the stamp, could you please post a photo of it here in this thread (editing out the personal details please) - then I will tag a lawyer to take a look at it.

Secondly, could you please clarify what do you mean for 'ILR stamp on my passport, is that enough?' - enough to continue to live in the UK lawfully? enough to apply for UK citizenship?

Many thanks

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for reply.

I mean is an old ILR stamp on my passport is enough to not have to do the settled status scheme.
      Is there a way of updating the old stamp or getting more documentation to verify I have ILR?

Basically, I don’t know what options I should choose.

Please find attached a picture of the ILR stamp on my passport.

Thanks for your help
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi
        Thanks for reply.

I mean is an old ILR stamp on my passport is enough to not have to do the settled status scheme.
        Is there a way of updating the old stamp or getting more documentation to verify I have ILR?

Basically, I don’t know what options I should choose.

Please find attached a picture of the ILR stamp on my passport.

Thanks for your help
        Tim M (lawyer) could you kindly check this is a valid ILR? Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

• Tim M
          Tim M commented
          Editing a comment
          yes this is a no time limit endorsement which is the same as ILR

In the meantime, I would like to point out a few differences between old style ILR and Settled Status (ILR), and this is why you might want to consider applying for the settled status nevertheless.

OLD type ILR Settled status
        Online application
        Based on any 5 year period of residence
        Usually takes from a few hours to a few weeks
        Passport with stamp can be lost and it might become difficult to prove ILR status without the passport Digital status, shared via a link and a code
        ILR lapses after spending two years or longer out of the UK ILR lapses after spending five years or longer out of the UK
        See: How to apply for settled or pre-settled status - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Please note lawyer's response up in this thread.

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Thanks for your help
              Best of luck and don't forget to keep us posted!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
              X