Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referred to Lawyer visitor visa

Hi,

we are registered charity (Temple) running through Trust.
    We want to invite the religious leader from India for short visit in the Temple.

1) What documents to send as sponsorship from Trust?
    2) Is 6 months bank statements of trust or charity?
    3) Accommodation providing at Temple or one of Trustee's private house? which one is relevant?
    4) Invitation Letter specific?

Any other document please enlighten us !

Thanks

Originally posted by Pseek View Post
    Hi,

we are registered charity (Temple) running through Trust.
    We want to invite the religious leader from India for short visit in the Temple.

1) What documents to send as sponsorship from Trust?
    2) Is 6 months bank statements of trust or charity?
    3) Accommodation providing at Temple or one of Trustee's private house? which one is relevant?
    4) Invitation Letter specific?

Any other document please enlighten us !

Thanks
    Aron F (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I'm sorry I do not deal with visit visas

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Olga M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

Comment

Aron F (lawyer) would you be able to comment?

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Tariq N (lawyer)

Comment

This will have to be a paid consultation since a lot of detailed information will be required.

I am the Principal of the Practice ACS Visas and I am a Level 3 Regulated Adviser, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide advice in both Immigration and Asylum. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tariq N for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq N View Post
                  This will have to be a paid consultation since a lot of detailed information will be required.
                  Pseek If you haven't found someone to help you with this, you may consider contacting our lawyer above, his details are linked to from his signature: Tariq N - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

I thought consultation is free here...this is not for personal matter it's for charity so please keep in mind....anyone else can help will appreciate that. Thanks

Comment

I thought consultation is free here...this is not for personal matter it's for charity so please keep in mind....anyone else can help will appreciate that. Thanks
                      Morning,

The forum is, indeed, free, however, lawyers do charge for one-to-one legal advice, which would be completely off the forum. As you can see above, we've tried tagging a number of our lawyers to see if they could comment on this. Unfortunately, visit visas are a bit outside the scope of this forum, which is mainly intended for EU Settlement and nationality applications, however, I tried to see if one of our lawyers could give you a quick answer here without the need for a consultation, but it looks like it was not possible.

Furthermore, now India has been placed in the red list for travel to the UK, it will be even harder to obtain a visit visa, and even if it was granted, arrivals from red list countries would need to quarantine in a hotel at a cost of around £1,700! So you can see how this probably wouldn't be a viable option for a charity. Personally, I don't agree with this requirement, particularly the co$t, but then I don't make the rules, the government does, so you need to be aware of all this.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this visit is, but it may be an idea to postpone it until the hype surrounding the Indian variant dies down, as was the case with all the other variant hysteria we saw earlier, for example, Portugal was put on the red list, now it's green...

Comment

Thank you for your response but I am aware for current regulations from red list country. However the charity looking forward to send all documents when is green light available to visitors. Charity wants to prepare documents early as required and send when is possible to safe for everyone. Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your response but I am aware for current regulations from red list country. However the charity looking forward to send all documents when is green light available to visitors. Charity wants to prepare documents early as required and send when is possible to safe for everyone. Thanks
                          Hello again,

As it looks like you have time to run through this, we have a number of lawyers on board who may be able to help, you may wish to contact them mentioning that this is a charity, etc. as you say above and see what they say. Although it is customary for lawyers to charge for consultations (that's how they put food on the table), they may, on occasion, agree to work pro-bono where required. You will find their details here: Lawyers

Comment

Charity providing food on table to large number of people who needed it.. this was simply asking for documents required to attach....not taking that much time of Lawyers....

Comment

Charity providing food on table to large number of people who needed it.. this was simply asking for documents required to attach....not taking that much time of Lawyers....
                              Hello again,

This type of visa application is not your ordinary, everyday tourist/business/family visa application, it's a little niche and would require careful consideration, hence the need for a private consultation. Do bear in mind that, when a visit visa is refused, it can be extremely difficult to successfully apply for another one, so it does pay to make the application with proper legal advice to get it right first time!

Comment

Working...
                              X