Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other words, family reunion in the UK really stinks, these provisions have been in place since 2012 (thanks Theresa May! ) They are the worst part of the UK immigration system and something I very strongly disagree with, unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about it. While the skilled worker and refugee routes are currently under review, there are no plans that we are aware of, to even look at the family visas.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
      As can be seen above, there's an option to apply as a fiance, in order to get married in the UK within 6 months of arrival, but this application needs to be made before travelling here, rather than entering as a visitor.
      It’s big different between 1)to apply before arrival but as married in Slovakia (which is our plan in next week because we are currently in Slovakia together as I have a holiday) 2)to get married in UK after apply as can be see above?

Comment

We can also approve our existing relationship no with common bills,accounts or living together but we have many common pictures in UK as she visited me few times and also in Slovakia.She is using UK top up EE card and home office can check we have really high number of phone calls every day (hours a day)for years,we have people who can approve knowledge about our relationship including her daughter.Can this be used as approving our existing relationship?Who to send those evidence to?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrik View Post

It’s big different between 1)to apply before arrival but as married in Slovakia (which is our plan in next week because we are currently in Slovakia together as I have a holiday) 2)to get married in UK after apply as can be see above?
          As you will have seen, there's the option to do it either way. If you marry in Slovakia, your spouse can then apply for the spousal visa from Slovakia as a spouse rather than a fiance, providing the marriage certificate.

We can also approve our existing relationship no with common bills,accounts or living together but we have many common pictures in UK as she visited me few times and also in Slovakia.She is using UK top up EE card and home office can check we have really high number of phone calls every day (hours a day)for years,we have people who can approve knowledge about our relationship including her daughter.Can this be used as approving our existing relationship?Who to send those evidence to?
          When she makes the application, she will have to provide evidence of how the relationship was built up, as noted here: UK family visas - spouses and partners (spousal visa route) - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

She will then have to provide that evidence with the rest of supporting documents. Visa applications made outside the UK are handled by either VFS or TLS, I believe TLS handles most applications made in Europe, so the documents will need to be provided via their systems, instructions will be provided when you make the application.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

One person has come to me so far who has been refused and we have lodged an appeal. After 3 months the Tribunal has finally acknowledged receipt! Progress will be painfully slow.

I have another 3 applications which are outstanding with the HO and I fear they will be refused simply because the Govt did not extend the Covid concession to these people. I shall argue as strongly as I can, but it will be difficult since the law does not have the flexibility. I shall be relying on people's best attempts to get married last year and the "flexible and pragmatic approach" which the caseworkers are supposed to apply.

As ClaudLatina has stated abov, the solution may well be under the arduous Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. I have also advised my clients to be prepared to leave the country and make an entry clearance application with their EEA partner in UK meeting the usual income requirements etc. It's not a popular decision/advice since people fear they may not return at all, although I think they are wrong. This has to be a backstop, unless someone is willing to go for a judicial review which is expensive and may still not yield te desired results.

I am the Principal of the Practice ACS Visas and I am a Level 3 Regulated Adviser, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide advice in both Immigration and Asylum. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tariq N for full details.

Comment

Hi all
              We are married already..I have also confirmation document from mayor’s office which sais we had an appointment last year to bring documents and make an appointment for wedding but we couldn’t come because of Covid 19 travel restrictions.If no COVID-19 we would be married it time before deadline and she would come to live to UK with no problem.Where to apply after deadline using documents approved it is not our fault but Covid restrictions?May home office will accept it.I must try it.Please can you send me link to try it please?

Comment

Hi all
                We are married already..I have also confirmation document from mayor’s office which sais we had an appointment last year to bring documents and make an appointment for wedding but we couldn’t come because of Covid 19 travel restrictions.If no COVID-19 we would be married it time before deadline and she would come to live to UK with no problem.Where to apply after deadline using documents approved it is not our fault but Covid restrictions?May home office will accept it.I must try it.Please can you send me link to try it please?
                Evening,

Congratulations on your wedding!

If you look at what our lawyer wrote above, what he said is that the Home Office DID NOT extend the Covid provisions to those who couldn't get married due to lockdowns, so I'm afraid you will find nothing in them, if that's the link you are after. I sent an email to them asking very specifically about this situation and they just gave me the runaround with the criteria for durable partners without addressing the issue of weddings cancelled due to lockdown at all.

As he says above, he will be relying on some other arguments often used by the Home Office, but it's not certain whether the approach will work. Feel free to contact him if you want him to help with your case, you will find his details linked to from his signature: Tariq N - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Evening,

Congratulations on your wedding!

If you look at what our lawyer wrote above, what he said is that the Home Office DID NOT extend the Covid provisions to those who couldn't get married due to lockdowns, so I'm afraid you will find nothing in them, if that's the link you are after. I sent an email to them asking very specifically about this situation and they just gave me the runaround with the criteria for durable partners without addressing the issue of weddings cancelled due to lockdown at all.

As he says above, he will be relying on some other arguments often used by the Home Office, but it's not certain whether the approach will work. Feel free to contact him if you want him to help with your case, you will find his details linked to from his signature: Tariq N - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families
                  Thanks for Congratulation.I had sent PM to TariqN,just awaiting answer.Thank you

Comment

Thanks for Congratulation.I had sent PM to TariqN,just awaiting answer.Thank you
                    Afternoon,

You can also email him directly to his work email: info@acsvisas.com

Comment

Working...
                    X