Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum refused and 20 year route

Hello,
    I am posting something for a friends of mine.

I applied for asylum in Year 2000. Asylum got refused. Lost in year 2004 at high court. Worked and paid taxes until 2007,until my father came to UK for a visit. Since then had to change jobs as I resulted to be illegal.
    I am since 2000 in UK. I am Albanian national registered at home office with finger prints and everything else. Had a paper from Home Office IND document as Identification.
    Please I need help,
    How can I follow my case. What are the steps to follow in order to try and get ILR ?
    Thanks a lot

Originally posted by Syte View Post
    Hello,
    I am posting something for a friends of mine.

I applied for asylum in Year 2000. Asylum got refused. Lost in year 2004 at high court. Worked and paid taxes until 2007,until my father came to UK for a visit. Since then had to change jobs as I resulted to be illegal.
    I am since 2000 in UK. I am Albanian national registered at home office with finger prints and everything else. Had a paper from Home Office IND document as Identification.
    Please I need help,
    How can I follow my case. What are the steps to follow in order to try and get ILR ?
    Thanks a lot
    Morning,

It's always easier to deal with the individuals directly, as questions often have to be asked, etc. so why don't you ask your friend to join our forum?

From what you say above, your friend has been living here continuously since 2000. That being the case, your friend could be eligible to start a 10 year route to ILR under the 20 year rule. This would involve applying for limited leave to remain for two and a half years. He or she would not get ILR to start with, but will have to live here a further 10 years as a lawful resident. This limited leave under the 20 year rule is limited to 30 months and usually with the condition of no recourse to public funds. They will need to apply to extend their leave every two and a half years, until they have completed their 10 years' lawful residence.

As you can see, it's a rather complex route and your friend would benefit from legal advice before attempting this themselves, bearing in mind this would also mean having to "out themselves" as being here unlawfully when making the initial application for limited leave on these basis.

They should also be aware that the application could be refused on suitability grounds, if there is any indication that their, behaviour, character, conduct or association show that they should not be allowed to stay. This, on top of the consideration above, makes it all the more important to make sure they get proper legal advice before attempting to make an application.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

As this wouldn't be an asylum application, I've changed the title of the thread to reflect the fact that it would be an application under the 20 year route. So yes, there is an option for people in this situation, but it's a rocky road, as they will need to keep paying visa fees to renew their leave every 21/2 years for 10 years, when they will need to satisfy the overall requirements for ILR via the 10 year route.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick reply.
        He said it is struggle to be registered, I did not asked what was the error.

I'll ask him to be registered.

Comment

Originally posted by Syte View Post
          Thank you so much for the quick reply.
          He said it is struggle to be registered, I did not asked what was the error.

I'll ask him to be registered.
          If there are any issues, he should send email to admin@ukcen.com

Comment

This is such a happy story - Syte has now achieved UK citizenship!

Here is the success post. Support for naturalisation - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Syte You can tell your friend that he has to provide a fake user name to register on the forum as you have done, since it is our policy not to accept real names, and his post will be moved to our private area only admins and lawyers can see, as it is customary to do when someone is here undocumented. You should also tell them that this is an independent forum and not associated with the Home Office, nor any government department, in any way. I'm saying this because undocumented people can ofte be weary of approaching any organisation, I know I would be if I was here without status!

Comment

Thank you. I'll do it now.

Comment

You should also tell them that this is an independent forum and not associated with the Home Office, nor any government department, in any way. I'm saying this because undocumented people can often be wary of approaching any organisation, I know I would be if I was here without status!

Comment

Originally posted by otisjane View Post
                    You should also tell them that this is an independent forum and not associated with the Home Office, nor any government department, in any way. I'm saying this because undocumented people can often be wary of approaching any organisation, I know I would be if I was here without status!
                    Afternoon

Are you Syte’s friend? I note you just copied what I said above, not sure what your query is, kindly post it up below.

Comment

No, it is not my friends.

Comment

Working...
                      X