Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Afternoon

Are you Syte’s friend? I note you just copied what I said above, not sure what your query is, kindly post it up below.
    NO, I'm not. Actually, what I wanna say is how can we apply for asylum in the UK, and how much will it take to approve my application?

Originally posted by otisjane View Post

NO, I'm not. Actually, what I wanna say is how can we apply for asylum in the UK, and how much will it take to approve my application?
    Morning,

I've moved your post to a new thread as its unrelated to the other thread, which wasn't about applying for asylum at all, since the query was regarding a failed asylum seeker who has been living in the UK undocumented and could qualify for leave to remain under the 20 year rule.

According to the information you provided on your forum profile, you are a US citizen, so I can't see how you could qualify for asylum in the UK. If you are also asking on behalf of someone else, then you may want to ask them to join the forum.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

You will find general information regarding asylum claims, here: Claim asylum in the UK - GOV.UK

Please note the bits I have highlighted:

You must apply for asylum if you want to stay in the UK as a refugee.

To be eligible you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution.
      Apply for a visa if you want to come to the UK for another reason (for example to work, study or remain with family). If you’re already in the UK and want to remain with family living here, apply for a family of a settled person visa.
      You should apply when you arrive in the UK or as soon as you think it would be unsafe for you to return to your own country. Your application is more likely to be denied if you wait.

When you apply you’ll have a meeting with an immigration officer (known as a ‘screening’).

After your screening the Home Office will decide if your claim can be considered in the UK. If it can, you’ll have an asylum interview with a caseworker.

You’ll usually get a decision on your application within 6 months.
      I can't see how a US citizen would fear persecution going back to the US.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
      X