X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virgestrella View Post
    Many thanks for the information you provided. What about if the father is involved in her life and gives consent for her to go; wouldn’t that be taken against us as we needed the father’s consent to go so it means we don’t have sole responsibility?
    Melissa V

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgestrella View Post
      Many thanks for the information you provided. What about if the father is involved in her life and gives consent for her to go; wouldn’t that be taken against us as we needed the father’s consent to go so it means we don’t have sole responsibility?
      Melissa V Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Sole parental responsibility does not mean that the other parent has no contact or involvement whatsoever in the child's life. So your child's biological father giving his consent to his daughter moving overseas would not be be seen on its own as evidence that he retains parental responsibility.

I am a Solicitor and Head of Immigration at Wells Burcombe Solicitors LLP, a firm Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA No. 488294. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Melissa V for full details.

Comment

Working...
        X