Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EEA citizen married UK settled status holder - what steps to take next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEA citizen married UK settled status holder - what steps to take next?

I am new to this forum, read through a lot of topics but have not find anything related to my situation, therefore I created this post. (Admins, please move this post to the relevant section of the forum is necessary).

I am an EU citizen who recently got married to another EU citizen (ceremony was outside of UK in June 2021) who lives and works in the UK and got their settled status in 2019 by registering online. Our relationship started after 1 Jan 2021.

Could anyone advice on what do I need to do or apply for to be able to legally work and live in the UK together with my partner?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by andry View Post

I am new to this forum, read through a lot of topics but have not find anything related to my situation, therefore I created this post. (Admins, please move this post to the relevant section of the forum is necessary).

I am an EU citizen who recently got married to another EU citizen (ceremony was outside of UK in June 2021) who lives and works in the UK and got their settled status in 2019 by registering online. Our relationship started after 1 Jan 2021.

Could anyone advice on what do I need to do or apply for to be able to legally work and live in the UK together with my partner?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Morning,

Unfortunately, in order to be eligible for the EUSS, you'd need to either:
    • Have been living in the UK before the end of last year; or
    • Have been in a relationship with an EU national living here, also before the end of last year.
    As the marriage only took place this year, the only way you would qualify under the EUSS would be if you met the criteria to be regarded as durable partners, which means having either lived together for two years before the end of 2020, or having joint responsibility for a child, as noted here: Unmarried partners.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Failing that, you'd need to look into the spousal visa route, which is nowhere nearly as simple. You will find more info here: UK family visas - spouses and partners (spousal visa route) - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

If you look at the post linked above, you will find there is a number of requirements, such as a financial requirement, a language requirement and a surcharge for NHS access. Do read through and come back with any queries you may have.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
      X