Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which kind of visa should I apply for to visit UK as a PhD student in a company?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Which kind of visa should I apply for to visit UK as a PhD student in a company?

Hello! I am an italian PhD student and I need to know what to do about visa: I will join England for 6 months to do a part of my research project, not at british universities but in a company. I won't be payed by them, since I have my stipend from Italy. So.. Can I go without a visa or do I need one? If so, which kind of visa? I do not have the requirements for the Student visa, so I was thinking of the Standard Visitor visa. Actually, it looks like I may not need any kind of visa by just presenting a document from the british company that justifies my journey there. Please, if there is someone who can help me I would be so happy, since everyone (embassy, headquarters, my own university, the company I collaborate with) only suggests to visit the uk.gov website, where I cannot find a certain answer for my personalized situation. Thank you in advance!

Gabriella B (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Aisha R (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

You cannot undertake work paid or unpaid on a visit visa to the UK. You cannot study whilst you are on a visit visa. If you are doing a research than you have to specify in your visa application. You can apply for a student visa for six months to conduct your research activity in the UK. If you are coming to work (even if it is unpaid) at a sister company of your current employer in Italy, than apply for an inter-company transfer visa.

I am an Immigration Adviser with AR UK Immigration & Visa Services, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and also by CILEX, to provide immigration advice at level 3, and a member of the UK Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA). I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Aisha R for full details.

Comment

Working...
        X