Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference numbers for both Life in the UK test and English test

Hi everyone,

Should I write reference numbers for Life in the UK and English Test with the "/" slash symbol or without? Thanks

• Site Admin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by arteasado View Post
    Hi everyone,

Can I use for my British Naturalisation application recently issued letters from my GP but addressed to my previous residencies (I didn't update my current address with my medical practice)
    Morning,

I've moved this post to your existing thread to keep it all together.

The intention is to provide evidence of living in the UK, not proof of address, so it doesn't make any difference. Do take a look here: Evidence of residence

...where you'll see:
    • Documentary evidence that indicates presence in the UK during the relevant 3 or 5 years. This can be in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments. A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
    • Continued presence in the country can be shown by enclosing lists of attended appointments from GPs, dentist, physiotherapist, dental hygienist and hospital consultant (i.e. hospital appointments).
    • Your children's school attendance records and letters confirming you drop them off and pick them up.
    • Bank and credit card statements showing physical transactions made in the UK.
    • A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department.
    Although the Home Office prefers official documents from government departments, if you are unable to provide them, or the other items on the list above, you can send anything that has your name, address and a date on it.

You may want to explain in your cover letter and/or additional information section of the form, why you are unable to provide their preferred evidence.
    As can be seen above, what you may have to explain is the fact that you haven't got their preferred evidence, such as letters from the government.

Leave a comment:

• arteasado
    replied
    Hi everyone,

Can I use for my British Naturalisation application recently issued letters from my GP but addressed to my previous residencies (I didn't update my current address with my medical practice)

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by arteasado View Post
    Hi everyone,

Should I write reference numbers for Life in the UK and English Test with the "/" slash symbol or without? Thanks
    Hi,

If you look at the form itself, it says:

If you took your test before 17 December 2019, your reference number is at the top of your result letter and is 7 numbers long.
    If you took your test after 17 December 2019, your reference number will be in the email sent to you with your result, it will be in this format: ABC/111111/111111/111111111
    You will find it accepts the number with the slashes in. Same for the language test, the form didn't use to like the slashes before but it now accepts them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X