Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE PR application self-employed evidence / German national AN questions

I've several Qs re. PR and AN...
    I'm about to send my online PR application (although I'm getting disheartened by the news and risk that it might be too late for me as a German).
    Can I just print basic Tax Summaries from my online tax account, to save time, or do I need to request special SA forms from HMRC? I have some of those SA forms and letters already for some of the 5 qualifying years, but not all. Likewise for other docs for proof of residence such as Council tax bills, do I need to be consistent and supply the same type of evidence for every year or can I mix and match when I don't have all of them? i.e. use NHS letters, poll card or bank statements, or does a Summons to Juror letter count?
    Can bank statements be printed out at home, and are these sufficient as such or do these need to be stamped by the branch?

Another Q re. German nationals - is it just the online application (with obtained PR) that needs to be submitted by 31.10. in case of no deal, or would I need to have booked any further appointments with UKCVAS etc? Do I need to do the LITUK test before submitting? Just wondering whether it's realistic to start the process now..

A question re. 'intent of staying in the country' after receiving Uk citizenship - how will this have to be proven?

Originally posted by Coco9090 View Post
    I've several Qs re. PR and AN...
    I'm about to send my online PR application (although I'm getting disheartened by the news and risk that it might be too late for me as a German).
    Can I just print basic Tax Summaries from my online tax account, to save time, or do I need to request special SA forms from HMRC? I have some of those SA forms and letters already for some of the 5 qualifying years, but not all. Likewise for other docs for proof of residence such as Council tax bills, do I need to be consistent and supply the same type of evidence for every year or can I mix and match when I don't have all of them? i.e. use NHS letters, poll card or bank statements, or does a Summons to Juror letter count?
    Can bank statements be printed out at home, and are these sufficient as such or do these need to be stamped by the branch?
    Tariq N (lawyer) could you kindly support for the questions above? Many thanks.

Another Q re. German nationals - is it just the online application (with obtained PR) that needs to be submitted by 31.10. in case of no deal, or would I need to have booked any further appointments with UKCVAS etc? Do I need to do the LITUK test before submitting? Just wondering whether it's realistic to start the process now..
    From our info/link re dual nationality for German Nationals (which I recommend reading)

Information for German nationals applying for British citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

'If there is a deal

The Brexit Transition Act applies. This legislation has already been passed.
    Germans would need to submit their UK citizenship application before the end of the TRANSITION PERIOD (but not finish the process) in order to retain their German citizenship.
    The same applies to UK citizens applying for German citizenship.

If there is no deal

The no-deal legislation applies.
    Germans would need to submit their UK citizenship application before BREXIT (but not finish the process) in order to retain their German citizenship.
    ​​​​​​​ The same applies to UK citizens applying for German citizenship.'

The official 'submission' of the AN application is online, while the further appointment with the UKVCAS is only to submit the biometrics and check that the evidence has been submitted correctly. So the date of the online submission is the relevant date. Do you agree Tariq N (lawyer)?

A question re. 'intent of staying in the country' after receiving Uk citizenship - how will this have to be proven?
    People who apply for UK citizenship need to declare they 'intend' to (i.e. want to, wish to) stay in the UK permanently. This is not something one can prove, but only wish for, since circumstances might change in a lifetime and this cannot be predicted. As many lawyers in this forum recommend adding a cover letter as explain in this info link Cover letter - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families if the applicant wants to they can also add they wish to live in the UK for good. Do you agree Tariq N (lawyer)?

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

If you cannot get the SA302 from your accountant, HMRC can be quite quick. Otherwise your own submissions will be fine. I have done this for my clients in the past. Whereas documents such as Council tax and bank statements are fine for PR to prove residence, the HO insist on only letters from Govt Departments, GP/NHS appointments and school/college letters for nationality. Yes, mixing and matching is fine. Jury Service letters are good.

Bank statements from some banks, HSBC, Halifax etc, are identical whether the paper copy sent home or the online ones, in which case print them from the web if you don't have the paper version. Others such a Barclays will need to be printed and electronically stamped in the branch if you do not have the paper version.

Staying in the UK is a declaration of intent at that moment in time. Of course, if circumstances change after you have been granted nationality they will not take it away if you have a lucrative job offer. After all, the same rule should apply to all Brits, not just those naturalising.

I always recommend a good cover letter.

For PR you do not need English or LITUK, but will need them for the nationality stage.

The date of your application is when you pay the fees. The biometrics appointment confirms a valid application so that a caseworker can work on it.

I am the Principal of the Practice ACS Visas and I am a Level 3 Regulated Adviser, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide advice in both Immigration and Asylum. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tariq N for full details.

Comment

Should you need additional 1 to 1 advice with one of our lawyers, Tariq N (lawyer) who supported you here or any of our lawyers can help off forum as highlighted in this info/posts Do you need legal advice? - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families and you can find the contact our legal team in this post Our Legal Team - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X