Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR card-UKVCAS appointment

Hello,

I submitted my PR application on the 22nd of October and I was directed then to the UKVCAS website to book my appointment. My deadline for the appointment is the 19th of November. I read on the forum that you normally don't get an appointment straight away as they are released chronologically and you should log in to find a slot, and that they will notify you by e-mail to let you know when you can book an appointment. I have been logging in again and again and I found appointments only on the new dates added, 20th and 21st of November, which are after my deadline so I didn't book any, and nothing before the 19th of November. Is this normal, should I continue checking everyday and wait for an e-mail from them?I am a bit anxious I might not find any because the centers are very few. I tried to ring them too but I was number 23 in the queue, then I read here that it doesn't make any sense ringing them anyway.
    Also, knowing that after the 31st December the PR card is no longer valid, it seems logical to me that they would come up to a decision before the 31st of December. However, this would be only 2 months from now and I know some applications might take up to 6 months for approval, so it is a bit contradictory. Is there any feedback on that? Is there a chance that they would speed up the approval process based on the fact that getting a PR card after the end of December wouldn't make any sense?

Many thanks!

Originally posted by Moonscape View Post
    Hello,

I submitted my PR application on the 22nd of October and I was directed then to the UKVCAS website to book my appointment. My deadline for the appointment is the 19th of November. I read on the forum that you normally don't get an appointment straight away as they are released chronologically and you should log in to find a slot, and that they will notify you by e-mail to let you know when you can book an appointment.
    Morning,

Please note that this has now changed, it was an interim measure while they cleared the backlog generated by the extremely long lockdown, and I made a post to this effect: UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I have been logging in again and again and I found appointments only on the new dates added, 20th and 21st of November, which are after my deadline so I didn't book any, and nothing before the 19th of November. Is this normal, should I continue checking everyday and wait for an e-mail from them?
    As above, no need to wait for an email any longer.

I am a bit anxious I might not find any because the centers are very few.

I tried to ring them too but I was number 23 in the queue, then I read here that it doesn't make any sense ringing them anyway.

It's not so much that it makes no sense, the main i$$ue i$ the extortionate call charge$$$!

But you seem to have found appointments anyway...

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Also, knowing that after the 31st December the PR card is no longer valid, it seems logical to me that they would come up to a decision before the 31st of December. However, this would be only 2 months from now and I know some applications might take up to 6 months for approval, so it is a bit contradictory. Is there any feedback on that? Is there a chance that they would speed up the approval process based on the fact that getting a PR card after the end of December wouldn't make any sense?

Many thanks!

PR cards will be valid for applications submitted before the end of the year, it doesn't matter when a decision is made, and there's no reason why this should speed up the process, since the application will still be processed with PR regardless if it was submitted before the end of the year.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Well, I haven't found an appointment yet, they are all after my deadline which is the 19th of November and I thought I shouldn't book after as they might refuse my application.
        To clarify something then, if you get your PR document by February, can you apply then directly for the citizenship (based that you will be granted residency dated 1 year back)? Or the PR document will no longer be valid to process a citizenship application and you have time to do so only if you receive it before the 31st of December?

Thanks

Comment

Well, I haven't found an appointment yet, they are all after my deadline which is the 19th of November and I thought I shouldn't book after as they might refuse my application.
          Applications wouldn't be refused for that reason, and you'd usually get an email reminding you if you haven't yet booked an appointment.

To clarify something then, if you get your PR document by February, can you apply then directly for the citizenship (based that you will be granted residency dated 1 year back)? Or the PR document will no longer be valid to process a citizenship application and you have time to do so only if you receive it before the 31st of December?

Thanks
          The PR card can only be used to apply for citizenship before the end of this year, that means submitting the application online and paying, which you have already done, not having the UKCVAS appointment nor the decision.

Comment

Ok,thank you for your reply. However, to clarify, I haven't applied for Citizenship at the moment, I just applied for my Permanent Residency hoping that I might get it quickly. So, If I get my PR outcome in February f.e (as it takes up to 6 months to decide) will I be able to apply for Citizenship in February by using my PR? (not settled status). And if not, what is the purpose of still allowing people to apply for PR now?

Thanks

Comment

Ok,thank you for your reply. However, to clarify, I haven't applied for Citizenship at the moment, I just applied for my Permanent Residency hoping that I might get it quickly. So, If I get my PR outcome in February f.e (as it takes up to 6 months to decide) will I be able to apply for Citizenship in February by using my PR? (not settled status). And if not, what is the purpose of still allowing people to apply for PR now?

Thanks
              Morning,

As above, the application has to be made before the end of this year in order to rely on the PR card, otherwise it will have to rely on settled status.

The government has to keep processing applications for residence documents under EU rules till the end of the transition period, since everything else is still in place, i.e. free movement. PR and residence cards can still be used for EUSS applications until the end of June. This is more relevant to certain non EEA family members, however, although not officially valid as proof of rights and status in the UK, PR cards can still be used to prove lawful residence in the past, instead of providing, say, P60s. In general, there isn't much point applying for PR at this stage, there may be exceptions in very specific cases.

I see now that your UKVCAS appointment is for the PR application rather than citizenship. As hardly anyone applies for PR these days, I just assumed you had applied for citizenship. I have no idea how quickly you could get a decision on your PR application, precisely because hardly anyone has applied in the last year.

If you haven't got settled status, you should apply for it, since you'll need to wait 12 months to apply for citizenship once you've got it, and you will also need it from next July if you haven't become British by then, so you might as well apply, it doesn't interfere with PR, since they are two separate statuses.

Comment

Thread moved to the EEA residence area as this isn't a citizenship application.

Comment

Thank you very much, it is very clear now!

Comment

Hello again,

Just to ask you a final thing based on what we discussed about the PR deadlines. Do you think it might work if I enclose a cover letter and explain that it is quite urgent fro me to get my PR document as I would like then to apply directly for citizenship because I am going to be away for a couple of months later during the year hence I won't be able to do it with the settled status? Or it wouldn't make any change at all so better don't mention it at all?

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello again,

Just to ask you a final thing based on what we discussed about the PR deadlines. Do you think it might work if I enclose a cover letter and explain that it is quite urgent fro me to get my PR document as I would like then to apply directly for citizenship because I am going to be away for a couple of months later during the year hence I won't be able to do it with the settled status? Or it wouldn't make any change at all so better don't mention it at all?

Thanks again!
                      You could try, but it might not make any difference.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X