Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Settled Status Application

Dear Members of the Forum,
    Hello, I am filling in the EEA (EFM) form as an unmarried partner of an EEA national in a lasting relationship. My partner is an EU national who has recently been granted pre-settled status on 23/10/2020. He used to work in the UK but he is now a jobseeker. I have a question about which sections to fill in. Should I fill in Section 8. "Section 8. Sponsor has permanent residence" or should I fill in Section 9 "Section 9 - Sponsor is an EEA national qualified person". And regardless of which Section I fill in, which of the sub-questions shoud I tick, 8/9 a, b, or c? In each case I am given three options and neither is 100% our case. Because pre-setttled status is almost like a permanent residence, I feel I should fill in Section 8 and select option (a). But I am concerned that pre-settled status is not exactly like settled-status. Any advice would be very welcome!
    Kind Regards,
    Fani2020

Originally posted by Fani2020 View Post
    Dear Members of the Forum,
    Hello, I am filling in the EEA (EFM) form as an unmarried partner of an EEA national in a lasting relationship. My partner is an EU national who has recently been granted pre-settled status on 23/10/2020. He used to work in the UK but he is now a jobseeker. I have a question about which sections to fill in. Should I fill in Section 8. "Section 8. Sponsor has permanent residence" or should I fill in Section 9 "Section 9 - Sponsor is an EEA national qualified person". And regardless of which Section I fill in, which of the sub-questions shoud I tick, 8/9 a, b, or c? In each case I am given three options and neither is 100% our case. Because pre-setttled status is almost like a permanent residence, I feel I should fill in Section 8 and select option (a). But I am concerned that pre-settled status is not exactly like settled-status. Any advice would be very welcome!
    Kind Regards,
    Fani2020
    Hello,

Pre-settled status is NOT the same a permanent residence, which is a status under EU rules, and requires having spent 5 years as a qualified person exercising treaty rights in the UK. If he's only got pre-settled status, I'm assuming he's not lived in the UK 5 years, so this couldn't be the case. If he used to work in the UK, although, for DWP purposes, he is classed as a "jobseeker", under the EEA Regulations, someone who used work work in the UK and has lost his job and is seeking work retains worker status, so he would be regarded as a "retained worker", so the option would be the sponsor is an EEA national qualified person.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X