Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EEA Family Permit refused with pre-settled status and long time away from the UK

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soth3d View Post
    Thank guys for sympathy!

Now, as we will overrun the 2020 for my unmarried partner to arrive to the UK, will she be able to apply for pre-settled status successfully in 2021 or do we need to get married to stay in the UK together before her EEA Family permit will expire?
    Morning,

We have covered that here: Unmarried partners

...where you'll see:

There is a provision for unmarried partners who meet the durable relationship criteria set out below, to apply for an EEA family permit until the end of June.

This provision does not extend to other exteneded family members, such as siblings and other dependent relatives, who must apply before the end of December.

Apply for an EEA family permit (EEA-FP).
    That means it's still possible to apply for the family permit until the end of June, although at the time of writing, it was also my understanding that, once here, they also had to make the pre-settled application before the end of June, even when the family permit would likely be valid for longer, as they are valid for six months.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X