Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Possible extension of the Tier 5 visa program to EEA nationals

There are some rumors about this further development. How much truth and lies are behind this urban myth?
    I am not affiliated to any firm and I am doing this independently on my own, no one is paying me for this.
    I am not one of the forum volunteers.
    I hope to start working as paralegal soon.
    If I helped you, a thumbs-up is always appreciated.

Olga M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

From 1 January 2021 EEA nationals will be able to apply for TIER5 and any other routes under immigration rules, same as nationals from other countries. The only difference is the fee, for EEA nationals it will be £55.

Hope it helps.

I am an Immigration Adviser and Director with Spectrum Visas LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice and services. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Olga M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Olga M View Post
        From 1 January 2021 EEA nationals will be able to apply for TIER5 and any other routes under immigration rules, same as nationals from other countries. The only difference is the fee, for EEA nationals it will be £55.

Hope it helps.
        Thanks, very good to know, since Tier 5, unlike the other routes, has always been restricted to very few nationalities.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Thanks, very good to know, since Tier 5, unlike the other routes, has always been restricted to very few nationalities.
          I quickly checked the guidance and it mentioned that EEA nationals can apply. I do not deal with TIERs yet, but will have to start from January

I am an Immigration Adviser and Director with Spectrum Visas LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice and services. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Olga M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Olga M View Post

Hope it helps.
            Thank you so much for the very good news.

The information is not for me, that I'm pre-settled but for a strict relative of mine, who is currently in her last year of university and her way to graduate.

Where can I find a list of Tier 5 sponsors? Is it easy for a firm to obtain it?

The countries list has not yet been updated
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ermejoficoderbigonzo; 16-12-2020, 11:10 AM.
            I am not affiliated to any firm and I am doing this independently on my own, no one is paying me for this.
            I am not one of the forum volunteers.
            I hope to start working as paralegal soon.
            If I helped you, a thumbs-up is always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ermejoficoderbigonzo View Post

Thank you so much for the very good news.

The information is not for me, that I'm pre-settled but for a strict relative of mine, who is currently in her last year of university and her way to graduate.

Where can I find a list of Tier 5 sponsors? Is it easy for a firm to obtain it?

The countries list has not yet been updated
              Yes, I realise it hasn't yet been updated, which was the reason I tagged a lawyer to answer, since I'd also heard from the Home Office that it would be open to EU nationals, but couldn't find it in the immigration rules such as they are now, since these provisions will only come into force from January 1st, they won't have updated the page you mention yet.

But if you look at the requirements, sponsors don't come into it, that's for the skilled workers route (replacing the current Tier 2 visa).

The page you are looking at also says:
              You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa (T5) if you:
              ...and the eligibility requirements are:

You cannot apply if you have:
              • children under the age of 18 who live with you
              • children you’re financially responsible for
              • already been in the UK under the scheme
              Money to support yourself

You must have at least £2,530 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK.

You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.

The still list the current nationalities as already discussed, but there's no mention of a sponsor.

Comment

All this will be updated very shortly as the new rules will be in place from January 1st. The government isn't exactly prompt in its updates!

Comment

Working...
                X