Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorcing & upgrading to settled status.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Divorcing & upgrading to settled status.

Hello!

I would like to thank you all for the support you have been giving here.

I have been in a partnership for 3 years and we both lived in the UK from September 2019 to October 2020, after that my ex-partner left the UK and it was not easy to travel because of covid.
    I have the following proof that we have both been in the UK for that period of time.

September 2019: Plane ticket &amp; applied for pre-settled status together in September 2019.
    April, May, June, July, August, September, November 2020 - Bank statements (mobile banking) of my ex-partner with spendings in the UK

Termination of our partnership has been done in another country, but I was residing in UK during that time.

Do I need to notify HomeOffice? Do I need to apply now for another status? Do I have sufficient proof to get settled status?

Kind regards,
    ​​​​

Originally posted by bluemuffin View Post
    Hello!

I would like to thank you all for the support you have been giving here.

I have been in a partnership for 3 years and we both lived in the UK from September 2019 to October 2020, after that my ex-partner left the UK and it was not easy to travel because of covid.
    I have the following proof that we have both been in the UK for that period of time.

September 2019: Plane ticket &amp; applied for pre-settled status together in September 2019.
    April, May, June, July, August, September, November 2020 - Bank statements (mobile banking) of my ex-partner with spendings in the UK

Termination of our partnership has been done in another country, but I was residing in UK during that time.

Do I need to notify HomeOffice? Do I need to apply now for another status? Do I have sufficient proof to get settled status?

Kind regards,
    ​​​​
    Melissa V (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on whether they would still be eligible for settled status on the basis of retained rights?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Gabriella B (lawyer) would you be able to comment on retained rights?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

if you were in a civil partnership for 3 years and have lived in the UK with your partner for at least 1 year before proceedings to terminate the partnership started, you could qualify for settled status under retained rights of residence. I cannot comment on whether the evidence is sufficient, you describe partner's evidence, of course you need to show proof of your residence with your partner too, for the relevant period.

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

Working...
        X