Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member comments welcome Polish Passport and Language Help

Hi Team.
    I need a bit of language assistance, please. Specifically Polish to English.
    Long story short, despite my username, I can't read Polish. My Polish passport is up for renewal in February and I need assistance filling out the forms.
    Ten years ago I had an absolute nightmare doing everything as an English-only speaker.

Also, my partner (unmarried) is pregnant, due in late January. I'd like to see if I am able to pass my Polish citizenship onto the child.
    A bit of context, I got my Polish citizenship through my Grandmother (my father had to renounce his Polish citizenship in the 1980's upon moving to Australia). Does anyone know anywhere where I can find this info in English? Or alternatively able to give me a rough idea?

I'm not expecting lawyer specific advice, ie I won't sue anyone! I just wish to be pointed in the right direction.

If someone is able to help, I'd be super happy. I'm also happy to discuss payment, as these are rough times, I don't want to abuse anyone's generosity.

thank you!
    -Polski

Originally posted by Polski View Post
    Hi Team.
    I need a bit of language assistance, please. Specifically Polish to English.
    Long story short, despite my username, I can't read Polish. My Polish passport is up for renewal in February and I need assistance filling out the forms.
    Ten years ago I had an absolute nightmare doing everything as an English-only speaker.

Also, my partner (unmarried) is pregnant, due in late January. I'd like to see if I am able to pass my Polish citizenship onto the child.
    A bit of context, I got my Polish citizenship through my Grandmother (my father had to renounce his Polish citizenship in the 1980's upon moving to Australia). Does anyone know anywhere where I can find this info in English? Or alternatively able to give me a rough idea?

I'm not expecting lawyer specific advice, ie I won't sue anyone! I just wish to be pointed in the right direction.

If someone is able to help, I'd be super happy. I'm also happy to discuss payment, as these are rough times, I don't want to abuse anyone's generosity.

thank you!
    -Polski
    Hello,

I'm not sure whether someone here will be able to help you. Although a lot of our members are Polish, I am not, and neither are the other admins and lawyers.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hi, I just saw this, I'm Polish so can maybe help - I will have a look to see if there are any resources about your child's citizenship and post a link. Not sure how I could help with the form, would it be helpful to message me privately? (I know it's not recommended on this forum but this is not about UK immigration advice so maybe it's ok)

Comment

Originally posted by Linguist View Post
        Hi, I just saw this, I'm Polish so can maybe help - I will have a look to see if there are any resources about your child's citizenship and post a link. Not sure how I could help with the form, would it be helpful to message me privately? (I know it's not recommended on this forum but this is not about UK immigration advice so maybe it's ok)
        Hello,

Thanks for your offer. This is, as I said above, outside the scope of this forum, so I don't mind it if you get in touch privately, since this isn't something our admins and lawyers can assist with, but I'd be very happy if someone could.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X