Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo ADM 09/19 RIGHT TO RESIDE - EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME (EUSS) – UC

Memo ADM 09/19 RIGHT TO RESIDE - EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME (EUSS) – UC

EU Settlement Scheme
    5 The HO rolled out the EUSS nationally from 30.3.19. From September 2018, the HO started testing the introduction of the EUSS for EU citizens and family members of EU citizens to apply to the EUSS, if they wish to continue to live in the UK after the specified date.

6 The HO has started issuing Settled Status notifications, which claimants can print off from their online HO account. These notifications are not proof of Settled Status or Pre-settled Status on their own, as they do not contain biometric information. These notifications should be accepted from the claimant as supporting evidence, which can be verified through HO services, using the existing HO Evidence and Enquiry stencil.

Settled Status – Indefinite Leave to Remain

7 Where a claimant has been granted ILR i.e. Settled Status under the EUSS, they will satisfy the right to reside element of the Habitual Residence Test for the purposes of claiming UC. Note: It is not necessary for DMs to apply the Imm (EEA) Regs 2016 where the claimant has been granted ILR, as the claimant does not need a qualifying right to reside.

Thanks for sharing, Been saying this all along! I will also share this on the FB group.

ClaudLatina FYI

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
    X