Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits for children

Hello,

My query is not an EU query so apologies in advance if it’s not something you can help with.

My query relates to claiming benefits for 2 British children whose parents have leave to remain / residence permit under the 10 year route. They also have a further 2 children who are dependents . I believe they would derive a right of residence as Zambrano carers but not entitled to benefits is this correct? Or will they be entitled to claim child benefit ? Can they claim any other benefits?

Many thanks

Originally posted by HelpingEu View Post
    Hello,

My query is not an EU query so apologies in advance if it’s not something you can help with.

My query relates to claiming benefits for 2 British children whose parents have leave to remain / residence permit under the 10 year route. They also have a further 2 children who are dependents . I believe they would derive a right of residence as Zambrano carers but not entitled to benefits is this correct? Or will they be entitled to claim child benefit ? Can they claim any other benefits?

Many thanks
    I realise that's not the question you asked, but I thought you may find this thread of interest, including the comments from Deepak B who is one of our lawyers, it refers to Zambrano carers applying under the EU Settlement Scheme: Settled status - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Regarding your original question, you may want to look here: Discussion: zambrano carers - Rightsnet

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Do bear in mind that, if the application under the settlement scheme was successful, you would then have a right to reside under the scheme, as opposed to the Zambrano right to reside, with the same access to benefits as the rest of people with status under the scheme. That kind of application may be a tricky one and one that would probably require legal advice, which our lawyers can also offer privately, as noted here: Lawyers - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Working...
          X