X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Benefit

My children and I have got the pre settled status with EU nationality while my wife is not an EU National with Pre settled status.

can I ask if we can apply for the child benefit? Would it affect our application for settled status or naturalisation in future?

thanks

Originally posted by boriskkc View Post
    My children and I have got the pre settled status with EU nationality while my wife is not an EU National with Pre settled status.

can I ask if we can apply for the child benefit? Would it affect our application for settled status or naturalisation in future?

thanks
    Afternoon,

This is a very widespread misconception. Claiming any benefits you are entitled to does not affect anything.

Settled status is based purely on residence and, in the case of a family member, on the relationship subsisting or retaining rights of residence, it does not involve working, financial requirements, etc. Also note that pre-settled status doesn't have No Recourse to Public Funds attached to it like other forms of limite leave, so absolutely not an issue.

There are no questions about benefits neither in the settled status nor in the citizenship applications, since they are not relevant.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X