Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing cost for close joined family member

Dear UKCEN ,

I Need some information as my mother joined as Non EU Settlement family permit to join and she applied for Pre-settled status.She is dependent on us because she is 76 years old and cannot work.

when we informed DWP they answered

"Regarding your Mother that now lives with you. Your Mother will be expected to help with housing costs. Your housing costs paid by Universal Credit will now reduce by £75.53 per month.." "

Would or when she will be eligible for anyother pension credits etc.

Thanks for your guidance

Aron F (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Does your mother live with a partner?

Does she actually live in your house?

I am an Immigration Adviser with Clowes Bureaucracy Experts LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice at level 2, and a member of the UK Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA). I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Aron F for full details.

Comment

Hi Sir,

She lived with us as mothas-in Law of EU citizen age 76.Her husband died .

Thank you

Best regards

Comment

She can't apply for Universal Credit, but she can apply for Pension Credit, which is better for her. See here about how to claim.

I am an Immigration Adviser with Clowes Bureaucracy Experts LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice at level 2, and a member of the UK Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA). I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Aron F for full details.

Comment

Thank you Sir,
            can she apply for pension credits before pre-settled outcom??

Comment

Yes, she can.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Hi dearAdmin and Team,

I tried to apply pension credit, but there needs NINO and for applying NINIO there needs Share Code.

secondly, On 26th june we submitted appliction for PSS ,but haven't yet received COA.2ndSeptember I emailed EU resulation .
                  my big concern is that their EUSS FP expired today.
                  Should I call them for request COA ?Or it's normal thing COA being late,
                  please guide me ,

Many thanks Always??

Comment

Originally posted by Zain83 View Post
                    Hi dearAdmin and Team,

I tried to apply pension credit, but there needs NINO and for applying NINIO there needs Share Code.
                    Aron F Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

secondly, On 26th june we submitted appliction for PSS ,but haven't yet received COA.2ndSeptember I emailed EU resulation .
                      please guide me ,

Many thanks Always??
                      Afternoon,

It's been long enough since June not to have received a CoA, so you should definitely chase it up.

Don't worry about the permit expiring, under UK immigration rules, when someone makes a valid application before their leave expires, their rights are protected and they continue to be lawfully resident here while their applications are in progress. The only issue I can see is that she won't be able to travel until she gets her decision and BRC.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Hi dearAdmin and Team,

please guide me ,

Many thanks Always??
                          Aron F Would you be able to comment on this?

Comment

Dear Admin,

Today I emailed citizen advisor
                            And they replied as below

Pre-settled Certificate of application waiting too long

Hello again

We have spoken to the Home Office Resolution centre regarding your case today.

As you have applied for pre-settled status, attended your biometrics appointment and are now waiting for Certificate of Application (CoA) and your status, your rights in the UK are protected whilst you are waiting for your status.

It is not an issue that your EUSS Family permit has now expired as you have applied for pre-settled status, and you are waiting for your status outcome.

Again, due to a major backlog it may take quite a while to get your CoA and then status. Unfortunately, the Home Office could not give any time scale as to when you can expect your CoA.

In addition, we do know from our experience that it could take up to 6 months or so to get status outcome. However, we are not able to advise as to how long it may take for you to get your CoA. Hopefully this will be emailed to you soon, so please keep checking your email for any updates.

If you urgently require your CoA and there is a life changing/impacting reason as to why you must obtain your CoA urgently, it is then best to contact the Home Office Resolution centre on 0300 123 7379.

Alternatively, we can contact them with you present on the line or on your behalf, however, a Form of Authority must be signed by you to indicate you giving permission to look into your case on your behalf.

Hope that helps and please let us know if you have any questions

Comment

Morning,

Thanks for the update.

That sounds like a much better response than others I have seen! As they say above, if there's a "life changing reason" why the CoA is required, you need to say so.

Comment

Working...
                              X