X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• provisional driving license for EU family member

Hi, I'm an EU family member with pre-settled status. I'm thinking of applying for a provisional driving license, but I'm not sure what to do about identity documentation. The DVLA website says 'If you do not have an EU or EEA passport, you’ll need to send in a visa that proves you have permission to live in the UK.' I don't and have never had a visa as I don't need one. I only have a residence card. I'm not sure how to proceed with this, does anyone have any advice?

Originally posted by Jonesie View Post
    Hi, I'm an EU family member with pre-settled status. I'm thinking of applying for a provisional driving license, but I'm not sure what to do about identity documentation. The DVLA website says 'If you do not have an EU or EEA passport, you’ll need to send in a visa that proves you have permission to live in the UK.' I don't and have never had a visa as I don't need one. I only have a residence card. I'm not sure how to proceed with this, does anyone have any advice?
    Morning,

A residence card would be the equivalent of a "visa", as visa is just a generic term for status in the UK as opposed to being here without status, so your residence card would fulfil the function of a visa to prove you have permission to live here, which is what they're after.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X