X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivin license enquire

I want to know if i convert my italian drivin license into a British one to get a proof of address for openin a bank account, will i lose the right to drive in Italy when i visit there?
    Thanx

ClaudLatina Would you know the answer to this one?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Evaibook View Post
      I want to know if i convert my italian drivin license into a British one to get a proof of address for openin a bank account, will i lose the right to drive in Italy when i visit there?
      Thanx
      No you will not lose the right to drive in Italy or in any other EU countries, the .gov and post office IDP checker websites state that you will not need an IDP (International Driving Permit) to drive in Italy after 1st Jan 2021.

Although the post office site mentions:

To drive in Italy

No International Driving Permit is required

When hiring a car abroad, remember that licence requirements worldwide do vary. If you’re making an advance reservation in the UK, ask the company concerned to confirm the driving licence requirements of the countries you’re visiting. Without this info, consider an IDP as a precautionary measure. It’s the motorist’s responsibility to check with the driving authority of the country they are visiting for specific driving requirements
      You should check other EU countries regulations if you are driving to Italy via other EU countries.*

* Driving abroad: Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) - GOV.UK

International Driving Permit | Post Office

Also relevant to read:

Driving in the EU - GOV.UK

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank u very helpful, thanx alot

Comment

Working...
        X