Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query driving and motoring: French llicence in the UK

Hi there!
    I have been in the UK 15 years and never wanted to convert my French licence for a British one, and the DVLA authorised that. I am not able now to find on a GVT site or the DVLA site, any information about the status of EU licences in the UK post Brexit. Can i keep ny French licence? If I have to exchange it, what will happen when I will travel in the EU, will I need an International Licence?

Thanks!

Originally posted by CroissantCafe View Post
    Hi there!
    I have been in the UK 15 years and never wanted to convert my French licence for a British one, and the DVLA authorised that. I am not able now to find on a GVT site or the DVLA site, any information about the status of EU licences in the UK post Brexit. Can i keep ny French licence? If I have to exchange it, what will happen when I will travel in the EU, will I need an International Licence?

Thanks!
    For info on EU licenses and how to exchange them - please go to You can drive in Great Britain on a full, valid driving licence from an EU country. - Exchange a foreign driving licence - GOV.UK

Those who have a UK driving licence and want to drive abroad please check with the individual country of destination rules.

More info:

* Driving abroad: Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) - GOV.UK

International Driving Permit | Post Office

Also relevant to read:

Driving in the EU - GOV.UK

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X