Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizenship ceremony on 04/12, can I vote in the election?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship ceremony on 04/12, can I vote in the election?

Apologies if this is not the right place. Whenever I click on "Post Here" I am directed to make a new thread in the "Welcome" section. I was going to create this in "Other practical issues -> Electoral"...

I received a letter of invitation to book a citizenship ceremony today, and booked on my council's website for the 4th of December.

Is there any way I can vote on the 12th of December?

I think the answer is that I can't - when your nationality changes you should register to vote again and the deadline has passed...

Originally posted by Pigkappa View Post
    Apologies if this is not the right place. Whenever I click on "Post Here" I am directed to make a new thread in the "Welcome" section. I was going to create this in "Other practical issues -&gt; Electoral"...
    Morning,

All new posts are made in the Welcome section, once we approve them, we moved them to the relevant area of the forum. I'm aware this isn't how most forums work, but it allows us to make sure all posts are responded to, which is often not the case where members can post anywhere.

Originally posted by Pigkappa View Post
    I received a letter of invitation to book a citizenship ceremony today, and booked on my council's website for the 4th of December.

Is there any way I can vote on the 12th of December?

I think the answer is that I can't - when your nationality changes you should register to vote again and the deadline has passed...
    I'm afraid you have answered your own question, the deadline to register for the election has already gone, it was on the 26th, and you won't be British until the day of the ceremony, which isn't until next week. But there will be others, and, the way things have been going, you may not have to wait long till the next one! ‚Äč

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X