Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Electoral Register after gaining Citizenship.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Electoral Register after gaining Citizenship.

Hello guys.

I have received a letter from the electoral register to update/confirm the information they hold. Do you know if there is a way to indicate I am a holder of both UK and EU nationalities.? I have searched the gov site etc, but couldn't find any specific information. Does it matter if only change it to British, even if I haven't exchanged nationality but acquired an additional one.?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Monarca20 View Post
    Hello guys.

I have received a letter from the electoral register to update/confirm the information they hold. Do you know if there is a way to indicate I am a holder of both UK and EU nationalities.? I have searched the gov site etc, but couldn't find any specific information. Does it matter if only change it to British, even if I haven't exchanged nationality but acquired an additional one.?

Thank you in advance.
    Hello,

You need to update it to British in order to be eligible to vote in all kinds of elections. As there will no longer be EU elections on the British side, there would be no advantage in this context, to stay registered as an EU national.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I will be changing it. I am making sure I can vote in the next elections. Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
      X