Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Pre settled status wait and being made redundant under Tier-2 visa

Hi,
    I was hoping if someone has had a similar experience and may be able to provide some assistance about my situation.
    - I have been in the UK on a Tier-2 Visa for 2 years till I was made redundant in Dec 2020.
    - I applied for pre-settled status under EU settlement scheme as a family member of my wife who already has pre-settled status. I started my application on 15th Dec 2020, completed my biometric scans, and received my COA on 15th Jan 2021
    - I have a new job offer on hand but I currently don't have the right-of-work status in the UK. I had hoped I would have news on my EU scheme application from the Home Office by now but despite my numerous efforts there has been no update
    - Since my Tier-2 Visa is a sponsored visa with my previous employer I am unable to work at my new employment using my Tier-2 visa. Is there a possibility for me to start work using the COA?
    - I am unable to give a definite start date to my new employer as the EU settlement scheme processing time varies quite significantly. I have been unemployed for 3 months and I am also worried I will lose my new job offer because I don't my right to work status till my EU settlement scheme application is approved

Any suggestions and/or advice would be most welcome.

Best

Originally posted by iracho View Post
    Hi,
    I was hoping if someone has had a similar experience and may be able to provide some assistance about my situation.
    - I have been in the UK on a Tier-2 Visa for 2 years till I was made redundant in Dec 2020.
    - I applied for pre-settled status under EU settlement scheme as a family member of my wife who already has pre-settled status. I started my application on 15th Dec 2020, completed my biometric scans, and received my COA on 15th Jan 2021
    - I have a new job offer on hand but I currently don't have the right-of-work status in the UK. I had hoped I would have news on my EU scheme application from the Home Office by now but despite my numerous efforts there has been no update
    - Since my Tier-2 Visa is a sponsored visa with my previous employer I am unable to work at my new employment using my Tier-2 visa. Is there a possibility for me to start work using the COA?
    - I am unable to give a definite start date to my new employer as the EU settlement scheme processing time varies quite significantly. I have been unemployed for 3 months and I am also worried I will lose my new job offer because I don't my right to work status till my EU settlement scheme application is approved

Any suggestions and/or advice would be most welcome.

Best
    Tim M (lawyer) could you kindly help with the above questions? Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

your COA should confirm that the employer can use that to establish the right to work through the Employer Checking Service

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Working...
      X