Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre settled status wait and being made redundant under Tier-2 visa

Hi,
    I was hoping if someone has had a similar experience and may be able to provide some assistance about my situation.
    - I have been in the UK on a Tier-2 Visa for 2 years till I was made redundant in Dec 2020.
    - I applied for pre-settled status under EU settlement scheme as a family member of my wife who already has pre-settled status. I started my application on 15th Dec 2020, completed my biometric scans, and received my COA on 15th Jan 2021
    - I have a new job offer on hand but I currently don't have the right-of-work status in the UK. I had hoped I would have news on my EU scheme application from the Home Office by now but despite my numerous efforts there has been no update
    - Since my Tier-2 Visa is a sponsored visa with my previous employer I am unable to work at my new employment using my Tier-2 visa. Is there a possibility for me to start work using the COA?
    - I am unable to give a definite start date to my new employer as the EU settlement scheme processing time varies quite significantly. I have been unemployed for 3 months and I am also worried I will lose my new job offer because I don't my right to work status till my EU settlement scheme application is approved

Any suggestions and/or advice would be most welcome.

Best

• Tim M
    replied
    your COA should confirm that the employer can use that to establish the right to work through the Employer Checking Service

Leave a comment:

• ClaudLatina
    replied
    Originally posted by iracho View Post
    Hi,
    I was hoping if someone has had a similar experience and may be able to provide some assistance about my situation.
    - I have been in the UK on a Tier-2 Visa for 2 years till I was made redundant in Dec 2020.
    - I applied for pre-settled status under EU settlement scheme as a family member of my wife who already has pre-settled status. I started my application on 15th Dec 2020, completed my biometric scans, and received my COA on 15th Jan 2021
    - I have a new job offer on hand but I currently don't have the right-of-work status in the UK. I had hoped I would have news on my EU scheme application from the Home Office by now but despite my numerous efforts there has been no update
    - Since my Tier-2 Visa is a sponsored visa with my previous employer I am unable to work at my new employment using my Tier-2 visa. Is there a possibility for me to start work using the COA?
    - I am unable to give a definite start date to my new employer as the EU settlement scheme processing time varies quite significantly. I have been unemployed for 3 months and I am also worried I will lose my new job offer because I don't my right to work status till my EU settlement scheme application is approved

Any suggestions and/or advice would be most welcome.

Best
    Tim M (lawyer) could you kindly help with the above questions? Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X