Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member comments welcome Bank account in UK

Hallo
    EU citizen just moved to UK yesterday and living with a Family friend in Coventry. How can I open a Bank Account with out an address proof ?? Since i live with a friend, I don't have a rent contract and no job at this moment. Any tips on which Bank allows Bank account opening with only address proof from Germany and any other tips to make a proof of address.
    your tips are much appreciated
    A Mathew

Originally posted by mathewa View Post
    Hallo
    EU citizen just moved to UK yesterday and living with a Family friend in Coventry. How can I open a Bank Account with out an address proof ?? Since i live with a friend, I don't have a rent contract and no job at this moment. Any tips on which Bank allows Bank account opening with only address proof from Germany and any other tips to make a proof of address.
    your tips are much appreciated
    A Mathew
    Hello,

It can be difficult to open a conventional bank account without proof of address, this has been the case since money laundering legislation was passed in the early '90s.

You may want to look at this page that has some tips: Can you open an account without brook of address? | moneyfacts.co.uk

There are also other options, like digital banks/apps which are run over your phone, these include: Revolut, Monzo and Starling.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Personally, I have firstly opened an account with Monzo and then I went to various banks. Lloyd's eventually welcomed me with my Monzo's statement and an ID of mine.

Hope that helps.
      I am not affiliated to any firm and I am doing this independently on my own, no one is paying me for this.
      I am not one of the forum volunteers.
      I hope to start working as paralegal soon.
      If I helped you, a thumbs-up is always appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X