X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Tax resident and domiciled.

Hi, my husband and I are looking at relocating to the UK. My question is regarding tax liabilities.

1. When shifting cash assets from Malta to UK, Do you incur any tax to transfer to a UK bank?

2. We have a property in Malta. If we moved to the UK and kept renting out this property or sold it, what tax would we incur in the UK? I read somewhere that if tax resident but not domiciled, tax can be avoided.

3. If we do incur tax in the UK, how does the double taxation treaty between Malta and the UK work? Do we still incur tax in both countries and which one do we claim back then?

Thanks

Originally posted by Buba View Post
    Hi, my husband and I are looking at relocating to the UK. My question is regarding tax liabilities.

1. When shifting cash assets from Malta to UK, Do you incur any tax to transfer to a UK bank?

2. We have a property in Malta. If we moved to the UK and kept renting out this property or sold it, what tax would we incur in the UK? I read somewhere that if tax resident but not domiciled, tax can be avoided.

3. If we do incur tax in the UK, how does the double taxation treaty between Malta and the UK work? Do we still incur tax in both countries and which one do we claim back then?

Thanks
    I am afraid these questions are outside the scope of this forum. We do not deal or can advise on tax liabilities. You should consult with a tax expert. Best,

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X