X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Spanish Dual Citizenship

Now that Brexit has happened, does it change the ability to apply for UK Citizenship whilst still retaining a Spanish Citizenship (ie dual nationality)?

Originally posted by JOBIT View Post
    Now that Brexit has happened, does it change the ability to apply for UK Citizenship whilst still retaining a Spanish Citizenship (ie dual nationality)?
    Morning,

As far as I'm aware, there was never such a deadline for Spanish nationals, only for German nationals who have to apply before the end of the transition period, the Brexit day deadline was only going to apply in the event of no deal.

We have a lot of Spanish members and no-one has ever mentioned anything of the sort, although I have seen mention of certain requirements such as notifying the Spanish authorities of their intention to retain Spanish citizenship after becoming British.

We're not really able to advise on Spanish nationality rules, this is something you need to check with your consulate to be sure you don't lose your own citizenship.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

JOBIT Please see this post: Information for Spanish nationals who obtain British citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Comment

It looks like JOBIT applied for both herself and her husband, so this is the other happy ending: Naturalisation process was quicker than I expected - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Working...
          X