X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple citizenships

Hello, I have a question about UK citizenship. My wife and I are having a baby soon. I’m Turkish, my wife is Swedish and we both have settled status. As we understand it the baby will automatically be British or have a right to be British. Our question is, does the UK allow multiple citizenships (3 in our case)? We have found information that they allow 2 citizenships but can’t find anything about multiple. Many thanks in advance.

Originally posted by canecane View Post
    Hello, I have a question about UK citizenship. My wife and I are having a baby soon. I’m Turkish, my wife is Swedish and we both have settled status. As we understand it the baby will automatically be British or have a right to be British. Our question is, does the UK allow multiple citizenships (3 in our case)? We have found information that they allow 2 citizenships but can’t find anything about multiple. Many thanks in advance.
    Afternoon,

The UK does allow multiple citizenships, we have a number of members who applied for British citizenship after having dual citizenship, who now have three nationalities.

I'm not familiar with other countries' nationality rules though, each country has their own and they can be quite complex, although usually there is no issue with citizenship acquired from birth, but this is something you'd need to check with the Turkish and Swedish authorities.

A baby born in the UK to a parent with settled status will be born British.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X