Announcement

Collapse

UPDATE

The EU Settlement Scheme ID check app is now available on iPhone: https://www.forum.ukcen.com/resource...ble-for-iphone
See more
See less

Access to NHS treatment after Brexit

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to NHS treatment after Brexit

Hello,
    A friend of mine has just published a page from the gov.uk website on her Facebook, which has set me in a bit of panic. It is something about EU citizens living in the UK, for after 31st October, in case of a no deal Brexit and how they should obtain an S1 certificate if they work or a European Health Card if they are a student. I have looked at the page and don't really understand what it means or where to obtain this S1 certificate for myself???
    I have lived in the UK since 1999 and worked in the UK since 2001 and am currently employed as a teacher.
    Thanks for your help on this forum, without which I wouldn't have survived going through my PR application and my AN application.

ttps://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-for-eu-and-efta-nationals-living-in-the-uk?fbclid=IwAR1Mun5t_6PktJVc9KxO56m5ep_I9mnJ64yhFK qxBIMdhl-ZXaqkujVq0oc#s1-certificate

Originally posted by Grouchon View Post
    Hello,
    A friend of mine has just published a page from the gov.uk website on her Facebook, which has set me in a bit of panic.
    Morning,

That's the problem with social media, people post up all sorts of things and they are taken out of context. Facebook is not a reliable source of information.

It is something about EU citizens living in the UK, for after 31st October, in case of a no deal Brexit and how they should obtain an S1 certificate if they work or a European Health Card if they are a student. I have looked at the page and don't really understand what it means or where to obtain this S1 certificate for myself???
    The page in question was published back in March so it's not exactly breaking news, and the only update, made nearly two weeks ago, concerns a reciprocal arrangement with Spain, which was mostly for the benefit of Brits living there, since Spain is the EU country with the largest number of UK citizens.

I have lived in the UK since 1999 and worked in the UK since 2001 and am currently employed as a teacher.
    Thanks for your help on this forum, without which I wouldn't have survived going through my PR application and my AN application.

ttps://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-for-eu-and-efta-nationals-living-in-the-uk?fbclid=IwAR1Mun5t_6PktJVc9KxO56m5ep_I9mnJ64yhFK qxBIMdhl-ZXaqkujVq0oc#s1-certificate
    Please note that the page also says:

You will be able to access free NHS treatment in England until the UK leaves the EU if you are ordinarily resident in the UK. To be considered ordinarily resident, you must be living in the UK on a lawful and properly settled basis for the time being. You may be asked for evidence of this.

If you are living lawfully in the UK on exit day, you will be able to use the NHS in England, as you can now, after that date. If you are not ordinarily resident in the UK, you will be an overseas visitor and may be charged for NHS services.
    As you can see, nothing changes for people who are living here before Brexit day.

Please note this update from the Department of Health: UPDATE regarding NHS access for EU nationals after a no deal Brexit. - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families
    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Other articles

Collapse

Loading Calendar...
    Loading Calendar...
    Working...
    X