X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANSWERED EHIC validity for EU citizens under Withdrawal Agreement

Do I understand correctly that EHIC cards will remain in operation under WA (Social Security, Section 9) for EU citizens after 31.12.2020? If that is so, do I forfeit this right by becoming a British citizen?

Louis M (lawyer) Would you know what the position is with this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know

I am an immigration solicitor regulated by the Law Society of England and Wales.  I work at Truth Legal Solicitors where I am Head of Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Louis M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Londongirl2000 View Post
        Do I understand correctly that EHIC cards will remain in operation under WA (Social Security, Section 9) for EU citizens after 31.12.2020? If that is so, do I forfeit this right by becoming a British citizen?
        This might help to clarify. I believe this is written for both UK residents and British citizens.Applying for healthcare cover abroad (GHIC and EHIC) - NHS

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

This might help to clarify. I believe this is written for both UK residents and British citizens.Applying for healthcare cover abroad (GHIC and EHIC) - NHS
          At the bottom of that page, it says:

EHIC from 1 January 2021

You'll still be able to access healthcare through EHIC for visits that begin after 1 January 2021 if you're either:
          • a UK state pensioner living in the EU before 31 December 2020
          • a UK student studying in the EU before 31 December 2020
          • a 'frontier worker' (someone who works in one state and lives in another) before 31 December 2020, for as long as you continue to be a frontier worker in the host state
          • an EU national living in the UK before 31 December 2020
          It seems to exclude other UK nationals, but include EU nationals who live here before the end of this year.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Would that include dual national citizens (Italian/ British)?
            I read somewhere that to be entitled to the new EHIC you have to have settled status, which would exclude dual national, but would this mean that you may be entitled, even as a dual national, if you had previously applied for settled status?
            Last edited by koolkat; 18-11-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkat View Post
              Would that include dual national citizens (Italian/ British)?
              I read somewhere that to be entitled to the new EHIC you have to have settled status, which would exclude dual national, but would this mean that you may be entitled, even as a dual national, if you had previously applied for settled status?
              Good question, I also wanted to know!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Some posts about healthcare arrangements: Healthcare – Cosmopolis

Comment

Working...
                X