Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

Info

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info

Hello everyone..my is eu and i am non eu..we came to uk end of july 2020 my wife got pss..but mine is not approved yet but i have coa we have 6 month son as well because of that my wife is not working ..and as i dont have brp card therefore i can not apply for ni number and bank account ..but we are in trouble now because we are not able to get any flat /house if we go for letting agency they ask for 6 months p60 job gurrontor it becomes like immposile to rent flat we asked them give us 6 month lees and we can pay 6 month upfront but no
    some one guided us you can try to council house ..but i was reading if you have pss you cant apply in order to get council house you must have settle status pre settle status is not right to reside
    on other website i read if you can pass hibutual test you can apply ..can some body explain what we can do??

Originally posted by Manraj View Post
    Hello everyone..my is eu and i am non eu..we came to uk end of july 2020 my wife got pss..but mine is not approved yet but i have coa we have 6 month son as well because of that my wife is not working ..and as i dont have brp card therefore i can not apply for ni number and bank account ..but we are in trouble now because we are not able to get any flat /house if we go for letting agency they ask for 6 months p60 job gurrontor it becomes like immposile to rent flat we asked them give us 6 month lees and we can pay 6 month upfront but no
    some one guided us you can try to council house ..but i was reading if you have pss you cant apply in order to get council house you must have settle status pre settle status is not right to reside
    on other website i read if you can pass hibutual test you can apply ..can some body explain what we can do??
    Hello,

You will find the relevant info here: Who is eligible to apply for council housing? - Shelter England

Do bear in mind that it can be difficult even for British citizens and families who have lived here for years, to get a council flat.

You may want to contact Shelter, the organisation linked above, for advice with your housing situation, as they are the UK's best known housing charity: Get help from Shelter - Shelter England

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

You may also want to look at this page from the same organisation's website: Guarantors for private renters - Shelter England

Options if you can't get a guarantor

You may not need a guarantor if you can pass a credit check or show proof of income.

If you have a poor credit history or low income, a landlord may still rent to you if you can pay some rent in advance.

Some councils and charities have rent deposit, bond and guarantee schemes that:
      • give cash to help with rent in advance and a deposit
      • act as a guarantor service and cover unpaid rent or damage up to a certain amount

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
      X