X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Mortgage application

Hi. I am a EU citizen with pre-settled status and my wife is a Non-EU with EEA family permit visa and also with pre-settled status. We are applying for a mortgage and our lender is asking for proof that my wife has indefinite leave to remain. We have provided her Residence permit and the letter with a code proving her pre-settled status. They are saying this is not enough since there is only 3 years left of the permanent resident card. At this point we can not apply for settled status since we don't have enough years in the UK. This is our second purchase and we didn't have this problem on the previous purchase 2 years ago. At the time there was no pre-settled status. What kind of documents can I provide for the lender to be satisfied that we are here indefinitely? Thank you

Originally posted by ognenvel View Post
    Hi. I am a EU citizen with pre-settled status and my wife is a Non-EU with EEA family permit visa and also with pre-settled status. We are applying for a mortgage and our lender is asking for proof that my wife has indefinite leave to remain. We have provided her Residence permit and the letter with a code proving her pre-settled status. They are saying this is not enough since there is only 3 years left of the permanent resident card.

At this point we can not apply for settled status since we don't have enough years in the UK.
    Hello,

From what you are saying above, this wouldn't be a permanent residence card, as that would require living here for at least 5 years.

Originally posted by ognenvel View Post
    This is our second purchase and we didn't have this problem on the previous purchase 2 years ago. At the time there was no pre-settled status. What kind of documents can I provide for the lender to be satisfied that we are here indefinitely? Thank you
    Although pre-settled status is LIMITED leave to remain and only valid for 5 years, the only requirement to be eligible for settled status in the future is to maintain continuity of residence in the UK, there is no other requirement, so it follows that, if you keep living here, you'll both qualify for it.

I don't know what your work situation is, if you are in permanent employment, then that should indicate that you intend to stay here until then, although there's no requirement to work to qualify for settled status, there usually is such a requirement for the purpose of getting a mortgage.

You may want to point them in the direction of the official resources that show all that's required for people with pre-settled status is to maintain continuity of residence in order to get settled status: Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status): What you’ll get - GOV.UK

Settled status

You’ll usually get settled status if you’ve:
    • started living in the UK by 31 December 2020
    • lived in the UK for a continuous 5-year period (known as ‘continuous residence’)

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X