Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty in renting a house

Good evening All,

My two children and I, one of whom is a minor, have been trying to move to another city in the UK for almost two months.

We are having many difficulties, it seems that even giving a year's rent in advance is not good for both the landlord and the agency.
    The houses are taken immediately even as soon as they are put on the market within an hour.

We have been living in the UK for two years and have pre-settled status.
    I cannot understand why it is so difficult to rent a house.

Thank you for your time and help.
    Take care.

Originally posted by walkers View Post
    Good evening All,

My two children and I, one of whom is a minor, have been trying to move to another city in the UK for almost two months.

We are having many difficulties, it seems that even giving a year's rent in advance is not good for both the landlord and the agency.
    The houses are taken immediately even as soon as they are put on the market within an hour.

We have been living in the UK for two years and have pre-settled status.
    I cannot understand why it is so difficult to rent a house.

Thank you for your time and help.
    Take care.
    Afternoon,

Unfortunately there appears to be a housing shortage in the UK, although more so in some areas than in others.

Frankly, I am susprised to see they are not accepting an offer of a year's rent in advance, as far as I'm aware, such an offer tempts most landlords, even when the applicants are bankrupt or full of CCJs (who are the ones who generally offer to pay this much rent in advance).

What arguments are they giving you for not offering you the properties?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I would suggest contacting Shelter, you can do so via phone or web chat: Get help from Shelter - Shelter England

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Their response was: the house is no longer available

Comment

Thank you so much indeed for your help

Comment

Their response was: the house is no longer available
            Morning,

I was just wondering whether it was something to do with them not wishing to accept the share code or something along those lines, as those things need ironing out, if you see what I mean.

Comment

If you mean the sharing code to verify that I am eligible to stay in the UK they have not asked me.

Comment

If you mean the sharing code to verify that I am eligible to stay in the UK they have not asked me.
                Yes, the pre-settled status share code.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

No agency has asked for the pre-settled status share code

Comment

Working...
                  X