X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PorkScratcher View Post

The issue will also affect EU citizens who have paid state pension contributions in UK before and/or after the cut-off date of 31.12.2020 and then migrate (back) to another EU country and intend to retire there.

For example, and correct me if I'm wrong, in Italy one needs 35 years of pension contributions to retire with state pension. I, for example, have 19 years of contributions in UK. If the principle of aggregation of periods were not to be applied for periods after 1.1.2021, I would never get the required 35 years to receive a pension in Italy, assuming I keep on paying contributions for the next 16 years (although I could possibly receive my UK pension over there, but that's a different story).
    Well, as I said above, I only know how it works from the UK side of things, I don't know the rules in other EU countries, for example, in the UK, you need 30 years (and this also changes depending on your age, as different rules have applied at different times) for a full state pension, but you can get some state pension if you have at least 10 years' NICs, even when not a full one, so I don't know whether the 35 years you refer to above, are also to get a full pension, but you'd still get some pension if you had less than 35 years, and how many years is the minimum to get something, if you see what I mean. Obviously regardless of receiving your UK state pension.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

It will also affect those that have accrued pension rights in another EU country *before* migrating to the UK (this is my case for instance) for the computation of their EU pension when they retire. If this protocol did not exist (and yes let us see how it will be implemented) the only way for such a person to maintain their EU pension rights would be to return to the EU.

Comment

Any Italian speakers here who are also fluent with "burocratese", "politichese" and "legalese"?

Reading [1] and [2], it seems to me that NI contributions for pension purposes can be exported to/from Italy/UK even after 31.12.2020, but the devil in the detail and I haven't had the time to read the "Circolare INPS".

[1] Brexit e prestazioni previdenziali dal 1.1.2021. Le istruzioni INPS - FISCOeTASSE.com

[2] Prestazioni INPS dopo la Brexit: le regole applicabili - PMI.it

Comment

Any Italian speakers here who are also fluent with "burocratese", "politichese" and "legalese"?

Reading [1] and [2], it seems to me that NI contributions for pension purposes can be exported to/from Italy/UK even after 31.12.2020, but the devil in the detail and I haven't had the time to read the "Circolare INPS".

[1] Brexit e prestazioni previdenziali dal 1.1.2021. Le istruzioni INPS - FISCOeTASSE.com

Morning,

Maybe ClaudLatina?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Dunque, i periodi di assicurazione, occupazione, attività lavorativa autonoma e residenza completati prima prima o dopo la fine del periodo di transizione (31 dicembre 2020), sono presi in considerazione ai fini della totalizzazione internazionale.
            I read this in the same way as you. It says that the pension accrued in the UK can be part of the total aggregation when a person is not yet receiving a pension from the UK or Italy, this is consistent with the response you have received from the EU commission.

Per quanto riguarda i titolari di prestazione pensionistica italiana residenti nel Regno Unito prima del 2021, si continua ad applicare l’inesportabilità dell’integrazione al trattamento minimo e della maggiorazione sociale. Ai soggetti che si sono trasferiti dal primo gennaio, e che diventano poi titolari di prestazione pensionistica italiana, si applica invece il Protocollo attuale e quindi tali soggetti possono beneficiare sia dell’integrazione minimo sia della maggiorazione sociale, pur se residenti nel Regno Unito (in quanto Paese terzo).
            The above means that...nevertheless there is a difference in terms of ' trattamento minimo e della maggiorazione sociale' for those who are already receiving a pension from Italy and moved to the UK before 31 Dec 2020 and those who are not yet receiving a pension from Italy and move/d to the UK after 1st Jan 2021. Only the latter will benefit from the current Protocol.

I have not read the details of the INPS 'Prassi - Circolare
            Numero 53 del 06/04/2021'

I am not an expert in these matters so if you wish to know more I suggest that you consult with an Italian-UK benefit expert.

Best,

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

I am not an expert in these matters so if you wish to know more I suggest that you consult with an Italian-UK benefit expert.

Best,
              I can see all this being a minefield, and I can't see there being many experts on this subject, at least not at the moment, maybe over time.

Comment

Working...
              X