Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming pension from European Country

Dear all,

I am in desperate need of some legit advice.

I have dual citizenship Romanian and British. I have worked between 1982 and 2007 in Romania and further up moved to UK where I worked full time since 2007 and still working at present. I am 58 years old soon.
    I would like to apply (claim) for pension in Romania , but as per law they told me I have to apply here as this is where my permanent residence is and where I am currently working. I am, as I researched able to claim for a "anticipated partial pension" at my age and this will be updated when I will be 61.

Just to make it clear: I am not applying for UK State Pension as I am not 67, but want to claim pension for the period worked and contributed in Romania. (25 years, some of which were in special group)

The system of pensions in Romania is very different and also seem that they are lacking of much information.
    I do have several original documents from Romania to show my working periods ("Carte de munca" and also couple of certificates to show the contributions done.

Question:

Where can I apply (I imagine must be to do with International Pensions BUT after long waiting s online, get no reply so can't get information.
    Which form do I need to fill in and where do I submit it?

I would be extremely grateful is anyone can make some light into my enquiry please.
    Thank you very much

Originally posted by briag98 View Post
    Dear all,

I am in desperate need of some legit advice.

I have dual citizenship Romanian and British. I have worked between 1982 and 2007 in Romania and further up moved to UK where I worked full time since 2007 and still working at present. I am 58 years old soon.
    I would like to apply (claim) for pension in Romania , but as per law they told me I have to apply here as this is where my permanent residence is and where I am currently working. I am, as I researched able to claim for a "anticipated partial pension" at my age and this will be updated when I will be 61.

Just to make it clear: I am not applying for UK State Pension as I am not 67, but want to claim pension for the period worked and contributed in Romania. (25 years, some of which were in special group)

The system of pensions in Romania is very different and also seem that they are lacking of much information.
    I do have several original documents from Romania to show my working periods ("Carte de munca" and also couple of certificates to show the contributions done.

Question:

Where can I apply (I imagine must be to do with International Pensions BUT after long waiting s online, get no reply so can't get information.
    Which form do I need to fill in and where do I submit it?

I would be extremely grateful is anyone can make some light into my enquiry please.
    Thank you very much
    Afternoon,

I'm afraid you will need to contact the International Pension Centre, as they are the only ones who can deal with this. As you can see, they provide other means to contact them other than by phone: International Pension Centre - GOV.UK

You can contact the International Pension Centre (IPC):
    It is taking longer than usual to reply to online queries because of coronavirus (COVID-19). The International Pension Centre is processing all new claims or urgent benefit payment queries first.
    They also provide a postal address:

The Pension Service 11
    Mail Handling Site A
    Wolverhampton
    WV98 1LW
    United Kingdom
    I'd start with the online options to start with.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X