X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HO User Group EU to EUSS BRC update online query

Thank you all for the amazing job you are doing.

I have presettled status and applied to update my EEA issued BRC to EUSS issued card. I have received the new card and returned the EEA issued one. I updated my card online this Tuesday gone and application is still in process to update it. The email I got said this;

“We will contact you by email to confirm your update, or to let you know if there is a problem.

Use your old identity document details to access your UK Visas and Immigration account until we confirm your update”

I have to travel back home as my sister just passed away for the funeral. I am not sure which details to use for ticket bookings and filling forms. Whether the old card that is still linked to my online status or the new one that is in process of updating but in possession of the physical card.

If I use the old one and present the new card at the airport I know lots of questions would be asked and for border agents who are mostly not clued up with these things unless it’s black and white, I may have unnecessary issues.

Or use the new issued card details and hope that satisfies them. I am in a dilemma. Please help.

Thank you.

Veera T (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazinga_ View Post
      Thank you all for the amazing job you are doing.

I have presettled status and applied to update my EEA issued BRC to EUSS issued card. I have received the new card and returned the EEA issued one. I updated my card online this Tuesday gone and application is still in process to update it. The email I got said this;

“We will contact you by email to confirm your update, or to let you know if there is a problem.

Use your old identity document details to access your UK Visas and Immigration account until we confirm your update”

I have to travel back home as my sister just passed away for the funeral. I am not sure which details to use for ticket bookings and filling forms. Whether the old card that is still linked to my online status or the new one that is in process of updating but in possession of the physical card.

If I use the old one and present the new card at the airport I know lots of questions would be asked and for border agents who are mostly not clued up with these things unless it’s black and white, I may have unnecessary issues.

Or use the new issued card details and hope that satisfies them. I am in a dilemma. Please help.

Thank you.
      Aisha R (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Bazinga_ I'm very sorry our lawyers were not able to help you with this, do you still need any assistance from us or have you got this sorted?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thanks for coming back to me. Yes I still do. My flight is on the 25th of October so I am hoping by then my details would have updated. My research indicated it takes about 3/4 weeks for details to be updated. Not holding my breath but just hoping.

I have used my new card details on forms I have filled already in hope it will update by then.

Maybe your team may ask the home office in one of your meetings with them? Not for my sake as I probably would be long gone by then. Am sure I won’t be the first and last to be caught in a situation like this. There is no official indication of time to update this on HO websites.

Thank you anyway.

Comment

Thanks for coming back to me. Yes I still do. My flight is on the 25th of October so I am hoping by then my details would have updated. My research indicated it takes about 3/4 weeks for details to be updated. Not holding my breath but just hoping.

I have used my new card details on forms I have filled already in hope it will update by then.

Maybe your team may ask the home office in one of your meetings with them? Not for my sake as I probably would be long gone by then. Am sure I won’t be the first and last to be caught in a situation like this. There is no official indication of time to update this on HO websites.

Thank you anyway.
            Morning,

Actually, our next meeting is tomorrow...

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Bazinga_ I've just asked the question, they said they are reviewing the online system to update documents, but if you have a valid BRC showing status, it shouldn't be an issue as they are looking at the document saying you have EUSS status anyway.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Just to update - my details got updated to the new card exactly a month after submitting the application to update details online. So for those in my position, this can take up to a month. Could be more but mine was a month. Travelling in 2 weeks time so thankfully all is well.
                    Last edited by Bazinga_; 07-10-2021, 12:15 AM. Reason: Emoji on my keyboard changed to ?? On posting

Comment

Just to update - my details got updated to the new card exactly a month after submitting the application to update details online. So for those in my position, this can take up to a month. Could be more but mine was a month. Travelling in 2 weeks time so thankfully all is well.
                      Thank you for the update and good that is all sorted for you now.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Morning,

Lovely to hear it all got sorted before your flight.

Just a quick note here for the benefit of others reading this, since there are two kinds of BRCs. The EUSS ones are, in themselves, proof of EUSS status. It is the old EEA residence cards/PR cards that need to be linked to EUSS status to continue to be valid till their printed expiry date, however, in that case, the EUSS status would have to be linked to the BRC, as the app didn't allow non EU nationals to use their passports to apply via the app, only a valid BRC. So I can only see an issue if someone had an old EEA BRC but hadn't applied for EUSS status.

Comment

Working...
                        X