Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query EU Grandparents visits to the UK

Hi team,

quick query. With a baby on the way, grandparents are planning lengthier visits than normal (up to two months).

I wanted to ask if there are any watch outs in light of the new immigration system. I know visits up to a certain length are permitted without a visa, but what does worry me is that grandparents do not really speak English and I am not sure if they will be questioned.

Any experiences from the past few months?

thank you

Originally posted by LFC82 View Post
    Hi team,

quick query. With a baby on the way, grandparents are planning lengthier visits than normal (up to two months).

I wanted to ask if there are any watch outs in light of the new immigration system. I know visits up to a certain length are permitted without a visa, but what does worry me is that grandparents do not really speak English and I am not sure if they will be questioned.

Any experiences from the past few months?

thank you
    First of all, congratulations for the baby news!

Regarding the grandparents visiting, I assume they are from the EU, I can see from your profile that you are an EU citizen.

If so they do not require any visa to visit you in the UK. There is no reason to believe they will be questioned. Tourists do not get many questions at the border, maybe the odd time the border control might ask if they are visiting for business or leisure/holiday or visiting family. They only need to know how to say 'family visit' that's all there is to it. I am sure they will manage just fine at the border.

For more info about EU citizens visiting the UK please refer to : Visiting the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen - GOV.UK

Very important if they are visiting after 1st October they must have a passport as...

You will not be able to use an EU, EEA or Swiss national ID card to enter the UK from 1 October 2021 unless you:
    In these cases, you can continue to use your national ID card to enter the UK until at least 31 December 2025.
    Other than having the passport after 1st October, I cannot see any obstacles in them visiting you in the UK.
    Enjoy time with them, so very precious!!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you

yes yes they are from the EU. Nonna from Italy

Great to know that they won’t be questioned. It was the length of the stay that slightly worried me, but again they can always phone me if they get stuck.

And yes, they have a passport so all good.

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X