Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Retain my passport while waiting

Good afternoon,

My biometric appointment for the EUSS family permit (surinder Singh ) is scheduled for the next few days in Paris.
    I will opte to retain my passport throughout the application process that can last 12 weeks !
    but would I be allowed to return to the UK as a visitor while a pending application.
    does anyone experience the same situation
    I would greatly appreciate for any help or feedback
    regards
    gerard

Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this situation? The Home Office has confirmed family members who are, themselves, EEA nationals can travel to the UK while their applications are in progress, however, in this case, the application will be for a family permit not directly pre-settled status despite being a French national, since they are applying via Surinder Singh, and the Home Office also said Surinder Singh applications from EEA nationals should be via family permit.

Are they able to travel to the UK while their family permit application is pending?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

This is the other thread for reference: EUSS family permit whilst in uk - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

clients of mine have travelled to the UK previously while a pending application was submitted overseas.

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Hello,
          How can I on the one hand be legally allowed to rent a house ( 24 month Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement) on june 1, 2021, pay council tax and on the other hand be banned from returning to live in my house in UK while I wait for my application to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gedibe View Post
            Hello,
            How can I on the one hand be legally allowed to rent a house ( 24 month Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement) on june 1, 2021, pay council tax and on the other hand be banned from returning to live in my house in UK while I wait for my application to be successful.

See our lawyer’s response above.

Comment

Working...
            X