Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming back to Uk - no passport

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Decided not to travel after all. My partner will be entering Uk next week with an ID card which is not linked to SS, I'll let you know how it goes.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by koolkat View Post
      Decided not to travel after all. My partner will be entering Uk next week with an ID card which is not linked to SS, I'll let you know how it goes.
      Hi, thank you for the updates.
      Regarding the airlines, I was told that Ryanair online check-in still accepts ID cards in order to print a boarding pass, without a share code or other proof of status.
      So in theory all the status checks would be done by the gate staff during boarding 30 minutes before the flight, this could cause delays on flights.
      Last edited by Beta123; 07-10-2021, 01:06 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Here is an update on my partner return flight to London, from Milan on the last day of Alitalia. Alitalia tried to deny him boarding as he only had the ID card. They had to call a managar and my partner had to show them the bit of legislation which allows to use an ID card if connected to SS. Same situation for the police check before boarding the plane, again my partner had to fish out the bit of legislation. This was all on the Italian side. In UK no problems apart from the border agent who wanted to know why he had renewed his ID and not applied for a passport instead (...)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by koolkat View Post
          Here is an update on my partner return flight to London, from Milan on the last day of Alitalia. Alitalia tried to deny him boarding as he only had the ID card. They had to call a managar and my partner had to show them the bit of legislation which allows to use an ID card if connected to SS. Same situation for the police check before boarding the plane, again my partner had to fish out the bit of legislation. This was all on the Italian side. In UK no problems apart from the border agent who wanted to know why he had renewed his ID and not applied for a passport instead (...)
          I have the feeling this will happen not only in Italy but also other countries' airlines and passport controls as they might still not be aware that those with settled status can travel with the ID card to the UK.

          I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by koolkat View Post
            Here is an update on my partner return flight to London, from Milan on the last day of Alitalia. Alitalia tried to deny him boarding as he only had the ID card. They had to call a managar and my partner had to show them the bit of legislation which allows to use an ID card if connected to SS. Same situation for the police check before boarding the plane, again my partner had to fish out the bit of legislation. This was all on the Italian side. In UK no problems apart from the border agent who wanted to know why he had renewed his ID and not applied for a passport instead (...)
            Hi,
            thank you, your feedback is very useful.
            I know many people with new ID cards that haven’t updated yet on the EUSS account (not their fault, but it’s the system that takes ages) and they’re worried.
            So please could you ask your partner what did the border officer do with the ID card and what questions did he ask? (Apart the comment about passports which was quite unpolite because the law allows using an ID card, and in many EU countries it’s practically compulsory to renew ID cards for most purposes).
            Last edited by Beta123; 14-10-2021, 05:02 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Beta123 View Post

              Hi,
              thank you, your feedback is very useful.
              I know many people with new ID cards that haven’t updated yet on the EUSS account (not their fault, but it’s the system that takes ages) and they’re worried.
              So please could you ask your partner what did the border officer do with the ID card and what questions did he ask? (Apart the comment about passports which was quite unpolite because the law allows using an ID card, and in many EU countries it’s practically compulsory to renew ID cards for most purposes).
              Afternoon,

              I'm not sure the people at the other end would be able to see EUSS records that UK border control can see, I can see it being an issue when you check in if they have no access to such records, how would airline staff identify those EU nationals travelling on ID cards who have EUSS status to let them board?

              I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

              Comment

              Working...
              X