Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel from UK to EU with ID card after 1st Oct.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel from UK to EU with ID card after 1st Oct.

Hi,

My friend is going to travel to Hungary in December for family visit.
    He has pre settled status.
    He doesn't have a valid Hungarian passport (expired a few month ago)

Can he travel to Hungary with his EU ID?

He will apply for his new Hungarian passport while he is visiting his family and he will travel back to the UK with his new passport

Thanks

Originally posted by pfenomen View Post
    Hi,

My friend is going to travel to Hungary in December for family visit.
    He has pre settled status.
    He doesn't have a valid Hungarian passport (expired a few month ago)

Can he travel to Hungary with his EU ID?

He will apply for his new Hungarian passport while he is visiting his family and he will travel back to the UK with his new passport

Thanks
    Afternoon,

The EU has not changed its rules regarding the use of ID cards, so no change travelling to Hungary. It was only the UK that unilaterally removed the right to travel to the UK using an EU ID card, however, ID card holders with pre-settled or settled status can still use their ID cards to travel back to the UK. He should be able to update his EUSS record online to link the status to his ID card or to the new Hungarian passport, as noted here: Viewing and updating your status

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X