Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Going to Eu with GB husband

Hi,
    I am both D and GB, and we live in UK. My husband is GB only.
    We have a motorhome with which we go to southern Europe in winter. We are financially independent.
    I have heard that the 90/180 rule does not apply to my husband, as long as he is with me, as I have the right to family life.
    Is that the case and if so, where is it written, so we can show a border guard if we need to.
    Many thanks and kind regards

Originally posted by Stentipede View Post
    Hi,
    I am both D and GB, and we live in UK. My husband is GB only.
    We have a motorhome with which we go to southern Europe in winter. We are financially independent.
    I have heard that the 90/180 rule does not apply to my husband, as long as he is with me, as I have the right to family life.
    Is that the case and if so, where is it written, so we can show a border guard if we need to.
    Many thanks and kind regards
    Gabriella B (lawyer) Am I right in saying that the 90 in 180 days still apply to British nationals married to an EU national? I realise this may be a bit outside UK immigration law but I thought you may have an idea.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Sorry I am not sure about that. My understanding is that if you are on a Schengen visa, the limits are the same for everyone, but as a spouse it is possible to stay longer but on a different basis (long term visa etc) and I think it depends on the country - don't know more than that!

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

Working...
      X