Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE EUSS family permit to accompany traveling without me

Hello,

My parents were granted EUSS FP to accompany expiring in on 5th May. They are non EU nationals. I was in home country in January and they were supposed to travel with me but due to some unforeseen events they were not able to travel and I travelled alone back to UK.

Now they are traveling next week without me. As I said, they have "to accompany" visa and I am not able to travel to home country and back with them because of job. Now I am bit skeptical if border force will let them in UK without me?

Do you have any knowledge and information about it?

Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

its not a problem. As long as you are in the UK (and preferably at the airport) when they arrive then they are arriving to accompany or join you. They have valid visas so should be fine

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Thanks alot for your reply.

Site Admin

Side question:

I have already been out of uk for about 175 days this year for different reasons. Some are continuous absence like 3 months and some are short absence. Like 15 days, 20 days etc.

Does short absence also count for 6 months absence. I was trying to find how HO count absence but was not able to find any document.

Now I will stay in UK but I might have to travel for business trips like going on monday coming back on Wednesday or Thursday same week. Will those trips also counted towards absence. I am afraid that if I travel now for work related meetings I will go a ove 180 days and then i might not be eligible for SS.

Comment

Originally posted by maakm View Post
          Thanks alot for your reply.

Site Admin

Side question:

I have already been out of uk for about 175 days this year for different reasons. Some are continuous absence like 3 months and some are short absence. Like 15 days, 20 days etc.

Does short absence also count for 6 months absence. I was trying to find how HO count absence but was not able to find any document.

Now I will stay in UK but I might have to travel for business trips like going on monday coming back on Wednesday or Thursday same week. Will those trips also counted towards absence. I am afraid that if I travel now for work related meetings I will go a ove 180 days and then i might not be eligible for SS.
          Morning,

Settled status is based on months rather than days, and you don't need to list all your trips out of the country when you apply, they will only ask for evidence of having spent 6 months out of every 12, in the UK. If you only go away for a few days, you'd still be able to prove you were here that month, since a document with one date on it is regarded as evidence for that particular month.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
          X