Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Travel - ETA, ESTA with dual citizenship

Hi,

I got recently naturalised as British citizen. I have a number of valid ETAs/ESTAs which are on my European passport and are still valid for a few years.

At first I thought I could simply keep them as they are and travel on my European passport. However, I obviously didn't disclose my dual citizenship at the time of those applications because I didn't have it at that point of time. All ETA applications ask if you are a dual citizen - now that I am one, should I be reapplying for all of them because gaining a new citizenship is a material change of circumstances?

Thanks for any views!

Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

I have no idea I'm afraid. This is a matter for the countries who issued those ETAs to you

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Working...
      X